OP
OP
Ober_Reef

Ober_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are requisite hitchhikers, no param causes them. Since I haven’t added new stock to my tank in a decade it’s physically not possible for my pico to have any invasion other than cyano, gha, green hard dot algae. Those are always associated with reef substrates but all the others are hitchhiked in. It is one million percent not possible for my tank to get a valonia invasion, the dna isn’t available for reprint.

knowing the group of recurring vs requisite hitchhikers sure helps in remediation and control planning.
Thank you for this response, so it more than likely came on a piece of coral or something ? Do any dips work for this? I dip everything I get.

KK's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had it and vibrant wiped it out for me. Also affected coralline and coral as well though so be careful. That was the only thing that actually killed it for me though. I tried waiting it out with manual removal and it just hung around. Vibrant nuked it quite nicely.

How did Vibrant affect your coral?

KK's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mexican turbos that eat it and really clear any spots where they are feeding. Problem is they can't be every where at once. While they are working on one spot, the stuff is growing unchecked in others. I periodically manually scrub. It comes off pretty easy. When it's too close to corals for scrubbing I turn off all pumps, and using a syringe, spray about 10 ml of peroxide at the spot. This is especially effective around zoas.

Do you need to do a water change after the peroxide treatment?

KK's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've seen plenty of videos and posts about Vibrant ridding the rocks of algae. But my current problem is crysophytes on the sand. Does Vibrant also work on the substrate?

chrisjj625

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've seen plenty of videos and posts about Vibrant ridding the rocks of algae. But my current problem is crysophytes on the sand. Does Vibrant also work on the substrate?
I think it would. It works throughout the tank. Many people struggle keeping macro in the refugium with it for example.

OP
OP
Ober_Reef

Ober_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My chrysophytes were mainly on my rock so I can not say for sure but I would think it should work everywhere.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back