Still looking for ID?

Fritz
OP
CK Amstutz

CK Amstutz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I think OP said these 2 move...sponges don't move unless its growing to reach somewhere and cabbage corals usually stay in the same place.

OP do you have gloves you could use to pick it up and take a closer pic of the underside and to see how thin they are?
These don’t move. Someone asked but I replied no. Will get pics of underside today.

Mibu

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
That is not a leather coral!

Screenshot_20210614-001310_Chrome.jpg
I did ask him if it moved, he said no. The texture of the photos he posted shows the same texture of a cabbage coral. But, if its not glued to a rock he can flip it over and take some pics of the under side.

https://www.youtube.com/c/ReefStache

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
These don’t move. Someone asked but I replied no. Will get pics of underside today.
Very interesting....when you pick it up to move them take pics of the underneath.

Also is it stuff or flexible and floppy lol

Mibu

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
The pics really don't look like flatworms. They have polyps at the edges. His corals just are growing flat. They have a similar texture to many cabbage. I pulled this pic from another post. Look at the white grain lines and edges of his photo. VS the flat worm with a smooth edge.
And now after browsing many photos of cabbage corals. I now want one.... But they are so toxic.

cabbages.jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
CK Amstutz

CK Amstutz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
It won’t load. But I did find out this is a Cabbage Leather Coral. Thank you for the help.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.mov
    17.2 MB · Views: 0
Reef Chasers Aquaculture

Do you have a battery backup plan in place?

• YES (tell us in the thread)

Votes: 126 40.1%
  • NO

Votes: 171 54.5%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 17 5.4%