OP
CK Amstutz

CK Amstutz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think OP said these 2 move...sponges don't move unless its growing to reach somewhere and cabbage corals usually stay in the same place.

OP do you have gloves you could use to pick it up and take a closer pic of the underside and to see how thin they are?
These don’t move. Someone asked but I replied no. Will get pics of underside today.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That is not a leather coral!

Screenshot_20210614-001310_Chrome.jpg
I did ask him if it moved, he said no. The texture of the photos he posted shows the same texture of a cabbage coral. But, if its not glued to a rock he can flip it over and take some pics of the under side.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The pics really don't look like flatworms. They have polyps at the edges. His corals just are growing flat. They have a similar texture to many cabbage. I pulled this pic from another post. Look at the white grain lines and edges of his photo. VS the flat worm with a smooth edge.
And now after browsing many photos of cabbage corals. I now want one.... But they are so toxic.

cabbages.jpg

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They are not toxic... lol
D
Now if there are any new searches that say that, I will gladly go get some. But, I keep reading and seeing "Sarcophyton produce and release toxins such as terpenoids."
Edit: and, Sinularia coral is known to be the most toxic of the leather coral species.

OP
OP
CK Amstutz

CK Amstutz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It won’t load. But I did find out this is a Cabbage Leather Coral. Thank you for the help.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.mov
    17.2 MB

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
yeah, rabbit ear or cabbage leather

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 31 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back