Still somewhat new and need help figuring this out

Jeff336

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been reefing around 10ish months and still learning but noticed something growing off one my acan frags that almost looks like cloves? I tried to getting good pics but most end up blurry thank you.

20210119_191449.jpg 20210119_191400.jpg

Old Fritz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Idk if it's because it blurry or if I'm seeing the wrong thing. But does it have feathery protrusions? In that case I believe it's xenia. If you could circle what you're talking about for my poor old eyes that would help lol. Also if you're able to turn on white lights it helps as well

OP
OP
J

Jeff336

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Idk if it's because it blurry or if I'm seeing the wrong thing. But does it have feathery protrusions? In that case I believe it's xenia. If you could circle what you're talking about for my poor old eyes that would help lol. Also if you're able to turn on white lights it helps as well
Yes kind of feathery, when i noticed it i had fiuger alone the lines of either clove or xenia don't really know difference in them are. i try take a better pic tomorrow I'm just not sure how it got in the tank unless hinden on the acan frag never noticed until now as its starting to take off. Just really wanted make sure nothing to bad to worry about. Thank you

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back