Stimulate Euphyllia Flesh Growth

Letterkenny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For any serial torch or hammer owner, how do you stimulate growth of flesh around the head? Just noticed one of my torches looks like the flesh is starting to recede (just like 1mm right now, still very open, healthy, and flesh well down the stem) but ultimately would like to reverse this and encourage better growth.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try brightwell koral amino. This is what World Wide Corals uses whenever one of their corals isn't looking too well. I have seemed to have good luck with it (at least better luck than reef energy)

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might give it a try. I use reef energy AB+ pretty regularly.

I used to used the older reef energy but my corals seem to do better with my Koral Amino and AF Energy combo. Obviously I can't say for sure but I seem to have much better growth now. It could also be that I decreased my light intensity so that is something to keep in mind.

I read that some heavily fed species would have greater tissue growth but slower skeletal growth at night due to acidosis (I think that was the term)

Last edited:

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used both products as well. For no specific reason outside of trying and testing I use the Brightwell when something looks like it's unhealthy or not opening for a few days, I've had favorable results with it and really use it as a treatment more than for dosing. For ReefEnergy I use it for feeding ever 3 days or so it's something I mix with reefroids or benepets when spot feeding the corals.

We run our corals under a 14hr light schedule XR30 Gen4/Orphek OR3 120 Blue light/ OR3 90 Reef Day light. As of today we've seen promising response/growth from all our all euphyllia with a combo of this setup.

Picture taken at the start of the peak light cycle which runs for about 4hrs:
IMG-2647.JPG

OP
OP
L

Letterkenny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used both products as well. For no specific reason outside of trying and testing I use the Brightwell when something looks like it's unhealthy or not opening for a few days, I've had favorable results with it and really use it as a treatment more than for dosing. For ReefEnergy I use it for feeding ever 3 days or so it's something I mix with reefroids or benepets when spot feeding the corals.

We run our corals under a 14hr light schedule XR30 Gen4/Orphek OR3 120 Blue light/ OR3 90 Reef Day light. As of today we've seen promising response/growth from all our all euphyllia with a combo of this setup.

Picture taken at the start of the peak light cycle which runs for about 4hrs:
IMG-2647.JPG
Thanks for the info. Might get that to try out. Right now I just broadcast feed reef energy AB+ For all my Euphyllia’s and my SPS and target feed reef roids once my phosphates bottom out.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back