stingrays

Ro Bow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello, i love stingrays and want to add one to my tank if possible. (permantly). I will have a 65 gallon mixed reef. Are there any small stingrays that could live there? Also i read somewhere that freshwater stingrays can live in saltwater tanks, though i highly doubt that it is true. I would appreciate any confiration and anwsers. Thanks!

jdiefenbaugh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, you cannot put any kind of elasmobranch in a 65 gallon tank. You could try some spotted rays in a 300 gallon rubbermaid, or some kind of kiddie pool, with a jump guard. It wouldn't be super aesthetically pleasing, but is the most economical option and gives adequate space.

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what about the california round stingrays? They grow 3-9 inches long and need a 70 gallon aquarium
Kill Me Smh GIF

WheatToast

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also i read somewhere that freshwater stingrays can live in saltwater tanks, though i highly doubt that it is true.
The Atlantic stingray (Hypanus sabinus) does have a permanent freshwater population in Florida’s St. Johns River, though most individuals prefer to live in brackish or marine water. Oh, and it does not belong in a 65 gallon aquarium, let alone a reef system (dense rockwork impedes movement).

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back