Stl file edit?

coralbeauties

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can anyone do a simple edit to a stl file for a mushroom cage for me. I just got a new printer and I am using a file on thingiverse. I am able to make it smaller to the size I want but it also makes the center hole for the frag plug stem too small. If you can help out lmk.
Thanks
Jeff

GrizFyrFyter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tinkercad is your friend. Import your stl, make a cylinder the size you need and make it a "hole" instead of a solid object, line it up where you wants it then group the objects together.

OP
OP
coralbeauties

coralbeauties

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tinkercad is your friend. Import your stl, make a cylinder the size you need and make it a "hole" instead of a solid object, line it up where you wants it then group the objects together.
I have been working with it. I make the hole and group it with the cage and they group together but the hole size doesnt increase to the 15mm in the cage. Im a total nob with any type of design work.
thanks for any more advise.
Jeff

GrizFyrFyter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes tinkercad gets stuck and takes a few minutes to process.

If you can't get it to work, send me the link and what dimensions you want.

ilikefish69

Kind of a Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dangit another person with a 3d printer thats 1 less customer for me! lol !

unfortunately i have to leave the stupid branding on there because ive been outsourced without my knowledge so i dont even think that is considered outsourcing, so have to protect the IP a bit

i know of the cages you speak of, another option would be to use a drill bit and redrill the hole. it is going to be the quickest way and you can sand it back down to remove any burs. i have an open file in fusion 360 , it would be very easy for me to either make you a small cage with a hole, or even better i can walk you through how to make a 2D hexagon or diamond pattern within fusion, make a cylinder, walk you through the emboss function (it will change your life), the cylinder part with common sense and you can start making and designing your own - send me a message I am easy to get along with it is all free of charge but i also have to fill orders that i get paid for so give me a few days to get a new design out to you once we figure it out lol, and of course i just ask that you do not resell the item but feel free to give away for free at your leisure to anyone you deem deserving

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back