STL file for Radion XR30 Gen 5

ReefRondo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning all!

looking for an STL file to print my own Radion Gen 5 XR30 light shades. I have only downloaded STL files and have never ventured into the world of making my own yet. Any help greatly appreciated.

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning all!

looking for an STL file to print my own Radion Gen 5 XR30 light shades. I have only downloaded STL files and have never ventured into the world of making my own yet. Any help greatly appreciated.
Not here to tell you how to live your life BUT if you’re not making your own 3D designs, are you really living though? Jk, but in all seriousness, you should go to tinkercad.com and create an account. It takes like 20-30 minutes to figure out. It’s made to be understood by like third graders. in my year or so of owning a printer I’ve designed may be 20 different things that I needed on the fly, and couldn’t find an stl file for. Not once did I use a shape other than a cube or a Cylinder lol. So if I can do it you certainly can figure it out.
I only found XR 15 for you but you can take it into thinkercad and make it longer, if you can’t figure it out LMK I’ll try to help. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4147238

OP
OP
ReefRondo

ReefRondo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not here to tell you how to live your life BUT if you’re not making your own 3D designs, are you really living though? Jk, but in all seriousness, you should go to tinkercad.com and create an account. It takes like 20-30 minutes to figure out. It’s made to be understood by like third graders. in my year or so of owning a printer I’ve designed may be 20 different things that I needed on the fly, and couldn’t find an stl file for. Not once did I use a shape other than a cube or a Cylinder lol. So if I can do it you certainly can figure it out.
I only found XR 15 for you but you can take it into thinkercad and make it longer, if you can’t figure it out LMK I’ll try to help. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4147238
Wow thank you so much for taking the time to write such an encouraging message! Really grateful for that and you know what I am going to give it a try!

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow thank you so much for taking the time to write such an encouraging message! Really grateful for that and you know what I am going to give it a try!
Of course. Also, if you don’t already have this. This is a must have when designing your own stuff or even trying to resize something in Cura. Digital Caliper, Adoric 0-6" Calipers Measuring Tool - Electronic Micrometer Caliper with Large LCD Screen, Auto-Off Feature, Inch and Millimeter Conversion

holdthecoffee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I second you should play with tinkercad and try to design stuff on your own, it's very fun. I would also buy a caliper, I bought one at homedepot for cheap.

Anyway, I made an XR 30 Gen 5 Light shade recently and uploaded it to thingiverse, enjoy:

OP
OP
ReefRondo

ReefRondo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I second you should play with tinkercad and try to design stuff on your own, it's very fun. I would also buy a caliper, I bought one at homedepot for cheap.

Anyway, I made an XR 30 Gen 5 Light shade recently and uploaded it to thingiverse, enjoy:

I printed these at the weekend and have them installed! Absolutely perfect so thank you so much for uploading. Really appreciate your work. I have also signed up for Tinkercad and have started the tutorial.
A22F53C6-047A-4B61-805C-CF9240A3A335.jpeg

holdthecoffee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you enjoy them! Hope you enjoy tinkercad too! I watched some YouTube videos and played around with it to learn. The program is very simple to use and once you get the basics down, you realize you can design pretty much anything with a little imagination.

JeffH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I LOVE this design. Thank you so much for creating and uploading! I printed 3 of them and they do a great job cutting down on light splash.

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone created these for the xr15 and I’ve wanted a set ever since but don’t own a 3d printer. And the original creator lived in the UK and couldn’t ship to the US. You have to have the diffusers to double sided tape the shade to.

43CD9FAE-C5CC-4E92-B6BC-5BEF400FDFD8.png

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back