Stn montipora

barryrfc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any help please . Had my tank running for about 6 years . My plating montipora look great then out of the blue they start to stn .ive got green red and purple monti the only thing I can do do to save them is to frag the plates. This happens every year .they get to the size of dinner plates then start to white out. I check my parameters weekly and nothings out of wack. All other corals in my tank is fine . Just the montipora starts whiting out from one edge then slowly spreads all over.. Its doing my nut in.
Im Dosing 2 part ive also started to add coral power iodine and potassium supplement over the last year trying to solve this issue.

Last edited:

Gatorpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any help please . Had my tank running for about 6 years . My plating montipora look great then out of the blue they start to stn .ive got green red and purple monti the only thing I can do do to save them is to frag the plates. This happens every year .they get to the size of dinner plates then start to white out. I check my parameters weekly and nothings out of wack. All other corals in my tank is fine . Just the montipora starts whiting out from one edge then slowly spreads all over.. Its doing my nut in.
Im Dosing 2 part ive also started to add coral power iodine and potassium supplement over the last year trying to solve this issue.
Did you do an ICP or look for monti eating nudibranc?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 22.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back