STN-X and RTN-X Product Release

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

135zman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Overall these products worked in stopping progression of RTN and STN in my 135 gallon mixed reef. I finished my 21 day treatment yesterday. Following the dosing recommendation from the NDOC and ICP test (and feedback from Julian in this thread above on March 17), the RTN and STN stopped spreading from coral to coral, but two of my original infected pieces have not started to recover yet (still stressed looking). I’d say it slowed or perhaps stopped further STN on these 2 pieces over the last few weeks, but I still will need to frag the colony to save what appears healthy.

I’ll keep these on hand and won’t hesitate to use them much earlier whenever I detect possible RTN or STN. I wish I had known about them 2 months ago when the tissue deterioration started and I sent in the ICP and NDOC tests to seek help. With RTN, it can often be so sudden that the goal is to just stop spreading from coral to coral versus saving the original piece that was infected. With this product on hand it may be possible to save even the coral that first showed RTN. Thumbs up from me.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You are completely right in something. Every tank is different. I'm not posting information to convince you to use it. I respect your opinion.
My opinion is that any bacteria problem has almost the same roots. Now we have a tool (NDOC) that helps us to see those roots and get rid of them.
We also have a different treatment with very good science behind it that gives us a good chance to save our corals.
The information that I share is much more valuable than just random negative coments.
DOn't we already have a way to get rid of them - without a test - i.e. a water change? I guess If I had an RTN/STN problem - I would not want to rely on a NDOC test that can take a wee - I wonder - if you know the rationale why you can't just do a large water change. Putting it another way - how do you remove NDOC - besides water changes and or activated carbon? I am just not seeing the reason for the NDOC test - and hope since you have used it you might know the rationale?

gpwdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RTN-X and STN-X

Slow Tissue Necrosis (STN) and Rapid Tissue Necrosis (RTN) are two common problems that have become increasingly prevalent in the modern reef aquarium with the growing popularity of small polyp stony coral (SPS) dominated systems. Although this issue can result from parasitic infestation, primary or secondary bacterial infection is another cause of tissue necrosis in our corals.

RTN-X and STN-X were derived through TRITON’s unique scientific work in N-DOC lab testing establishing the TRITON N : C : P Ratio. They can be used to aid corals against bacterial types of rapid tissue necrosis.

These products work to create an environment within the aquarium that shock the bacteria attacking the affected coral while, at the same time, providing specific elements that help to fortify the coral that is under attack. The shocking affect of this product is achieved by an intensive “in tank” bath which means that the infected coral does not need to be removed from the aquarium. A solution is prepared using the aquarium water in conjunction with either RTN-X or STN-X and after 20 minutes is ready for application. Minimize or stop water flow around the affected coral for maximum efficacy. If nutrient amounts are known, ideally through N-DOC testing, a very effective ratio adjustment can be administered prior to the intensive bath. Use our online calculator for optimal treatment information.

These products cannot prevent further deterioration of affected corals if the underlying stressors are not identified and addressed but will acutely treat the bacteria causing tissue necrosis.

Ideally used in conjunction with TRITON N-DOC lab tests to accurately dial in the dose rate, there is also a generic dose rate if exact water parameters are not available.

RTN-X and STN-X do not contain any from of antibiotic or aggressive heavy metals and are safe to use with any reef system.

Both products were designed in Australia and produced in Germany.

Rtnx Stnx release.png
By the time I got the NDOC test results (three to four weeks) the corals were dead? With the calculator can we replace nitrogen and phosphorus with nitrate and phosphate values?

OP
OP
Julian@Triton

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By the time I got the NDOC test results (three to four weeks) the corals were dead? With the calculator can we replace nitrogen and phosphorus with nitrate and phosphate values?
Definitely pays to do regular N-DOC and ICP testing to avoid this issue.

If N-DOC test results are not available dose at 1ml per 100L.
Dose rate can be raised to 5ml per 100L.
1. Stop using any Nitrogen based nutrient products during treatment and 7 days after treatment finishes.
2. In absence of N-DOC test maximum length of treatment should be no longer than 1 month.
3. Do not use with high levels of NO2 (>10mg/L)

Overdose can promote the growth of algae. Without N-DOC testing, maximum treatment length should be no more than one month.

OP
OP
Julian@Triton

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately you cannot just substitute Nitrogen and Phosphorous with Nitrate and Phosphate as they are not the same and will give incorrect dosage information.

Rostratum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the calculator to work you Need these values: TNb, P (Not PO4) and Total Liters

It looks like you are using other values.

flatlander93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update for anyone who has used this? I assume it’s not working well for everyone since I don’t see anyone talking about it. Just wondering. Thanks.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back