STN-X and RTN-X Product Release

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Rostratum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This coral shows that the treatment works.
It wouldn't be alive without the treatment. It has grown so much that it had to be moved to another zone. All you can see now is a tiny scar in the Base that had to be taken with a zoom to see it. (Pictures attached)
It's a treatment that will not damage the aquarium. I would not risk not using it every time you have this situation.
A very important factor for success is that you cut all nitrogen and organic carbon sources immediately when noticing this kind of Necrosis.
Get an NDOC and adjust ASAP.
Its also a question of timing.
The sooner you treat it the better.
So having the treatments ready will make a difference also.

IMG-20200906-WA0031.jpg IMG-20200906-WA0031.jpg IMG-20200906-WA0032.jpg SmartSelect_20200906-103228_WhatsApp.jpg IMG-20200906-WA0034.jpg Screenshot_20200906-103436_WhatsApp.jpg

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This coral shows that the treatment works.
It wouldn't be alive without the treatment. It has grown so much that it had to be moved to another zone. All you can see now is a tiny scar in the Base that had to be taken with a zoom to see it. (Pictures attached)
It's a treatment that will not damage the aquarium. I would not risk not using it every time you have this situation.
A very important factor for success is that you cut all nitrogen and organic carbon sources immediately when noticing this kind of Necrosis.
Get an NDOC and adjust ASAP.
Its also a question of timing.
The sooner you treat it the better.
So having the treatments ready will make a difference also.

IMG-20200906-WA0031.jpg IMG-20200906-WA0031.jpg IMG-20200906-WA0032.jpg SmartSelect_20200906-103228_WhatsApp.jpg IMG-20200906-WA0034.jpg Screenshot_20200906-103436_WhatsApp.jpg
Great and good for you if it did work. Wonder if this works, and only one or two carrying them. I want to hear more other reefers if anyone had success or used it and it was fall into the category or either snake oil or every tank is different.

Rostratum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are completely right in something. Every tank is different. I'm not posting information to convince you to use it. I respect your opinion.
My opinion is that any bacteria problem has almost the same roots. Now we have a tool (NDOC) that helps us to see those roots and get rid of them.
We also have a different treatment with very good science behind it that gives us a good chance to save our corals.
The information that I share is much more valuable than just random negative coments.

135zman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The products were designed to be used independently depending on whether you have RTN or STN but the results above show good results when both were used at the same time.
Julian@Triton

I’m not sure if I have RTN or STN or perhaps both going on.

Can both RTN-X and STN-X “intense” bath dose be done together? I have the N-DOC instructions I’m following from my recent test for my 160 gallon total water volume system. As far as both - I mean can I take out the 606ml of aquarium water and mix both 6.06ml of RTN and 6.06ml of STN in same container and then apply with syringe to form cloud around the sick corals? One bath not sequential.

Also the daily dose for 21 days, is that just adding straight to the tank or mixing it with the 606ml of aquarium water each day. It doesn’t say anything about turning pumps off either for the daily dose.

OP
OP
Julian@Triton

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Julian@Triton

I’m not sure if I have RTN or STN or perhaps both going on.

Can both RTN-X and STN-X “intense” bath dose be done together? I have the N-DOC instructions I’m following from my recent test for my 160 gallon total water volume system. As far as both - I mean can I take out the 606ml of aquarium water and mix both 6.06ml of RTN and 6.06ml of STN in same container and then apply with syringe to form cloud around the sick corals? One bath not sequential.

Also the daily dose for 21 days, is that just adding straight to the tank or mixing it with the 606ml of aquarium water each day. It doesn’t say anything about turning pumps off either for the daily dose.

If you are not sure if you have STN or RTN I would advise that you use RTN-X based on current results from TRITON ICP and N-DOC lab tests for maximum effectiveness.

The daily dose for 21 days should be applied to the sump where you usually dose your supplements.

Righteous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Julian@Triton Should smaller frags that RTN be fragged to remove dead areas? I know usually those dead areas get occupied by algae that further disturbs the coral.

Just used RTN-X on this coral. Was healthy last night and had this level of RTN this morning.

43115BED-0E5C-46A9-ADFF-F644DD9DDC41.jpeg

OP
OP
Julian@Triton

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Julian@Triton Should smaller frags that RTN be fragged to remove dead areas? I know usually those dead areas get occupied by algae that further disturbs the coral.

Just used RTN-X on this coral. Was healthy last night and had this level of RTN this morning.
There is no need to remove the dead areas after RTN further disturbing the coral. If the general conditions in the aquarium are optimal then the Acro colony should grow back over the skeleton in time.

Righteous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I’m optimistic so far. The tissue necrosis has stopped. I don’t think I’ve had an RTN start so quick like that and just stop. Fingers crossed

Last edited:
OP
OP
Julian@Triton

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I’m optimistic so far. The tissue necrosis has stoped. I don’t think I’ve had an RTN start so quick like that and just stop. Fingers crossed
Good to hear.

Have you run recent TRITON ICP and N-DOC lab tests to check all aspects of your water chemistry? If you have then please email me ([email protected]) and, based on this information, I can give you our professional advice on how to proceed.

Righteous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to hear.

Have you run recent TRITON ICP and N-DOC lab tests to check all aspects of your water chemistry? If you have then please email me ([email protected]) and, based on this information, I can give you our professional advice on how to proceed.

Thanks Julian. I have had recent tests. I’ll email you those shortly.

I think this started when I left on vacation. pH went up fast as CO2 went down and growth ramped up tanking my nutrients. When I came back dinos had gotten a foothold and N was just about zero.

The RTN-X calculator had me add 80ml of NO Beta which seems to have helped. No more RTN and that coral photographed is still doing okay. Here’s a photo as of today.

119EDD73-B32E-4C75-ABEC-85C69E52A437.jpeg

Righteous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to add an update. RTN-X seems to have worked for me. I’ll be keeping a bottle on hand from now on. Here’s the latest pic of the acro. You can see there’s some new tissue growth if you compare with the past pic.

1B9D45C1-5F25-470A-B7AD-97C037A5781A.jpeg

OP
OP
Julian@Triton

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to add an update. RTN-X seems to have worked for me. I’ll be keeping a bottle on hand from now on. Here’s the latest pic of the acro. You can see there’s some new tissue growth if you compare with the past pic.
Great news! Please keep us all posted over the coming months. Would be great to see this colony fully restored.

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@PSXerholic have you had any experience with this product?
No, there was no need to try since the Reef Moonshiner method target levels along with the Witchhazel tank treatment does work excellent in most tanks that came across the method and the post in my group and tried it out to battle the issues against RTN/STN as well as some BJD and a very few hard to overcome Cyano species.

Even the real big dudes ;-) in Reefing are following this with great success and the particular Witchhazel product cost like $5 for 500ml or so. The only issues people sometimes have left is where a LPS dominant tank is infected with a disease that makes torches and Zoa melting away, here is the success rate lower.

But again all the items in the Witchhazel tank treatment post must be followed to have a chance to overcome the disease.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Julian@Triton

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, there was no need to try since the Reef Moonshiner method target levels along with the Witchhazel tank treatment does work excellent in most tanks that came across the method and the post in my group and tried it out to battle the issues against RTN/STN as well as some BJD and a very few hard to overcome Cyano species.

Even the real big dudes ;-) in Reefing are following this with great success and the particular Witchhazel product cost like $5 for 500ml or so. The only issues people sometimes have left is where a LPS dominant tank is infected with a disease that makes torches and Zoa melting away, here is the success rate lower.

But again all the items in the Witchhazel tank treatment post must be followed to have a chance to overcome the disease.

For FB folks, here the link to the Tank treatment instructions with the Witchhazel.

You always know you are doing something right when your competitors feel the need to post directly on your group page to redirect attention to their product ;)

Thanks for the thumbs up Reef Moonshiner guys :)

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You always know you are doing something right when your competitors feel the need to post directly on your group page to redirect attention to their product ;)

Thanks for the thumbs up Reef Moonshiner guys :)
Lol, sorry Julian, I did not even realize this was a Sponsor post in a Sponsor forum section. I was simply responding to a Tag in respect to the Product utilization.

I have removed the Link, but like to keep the mentioning about the Witchhazel tank treatment if this is ok for you guys.

Btw. I feel honored to be considered a competition from your end, that really means something ;-)

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back