Stock Biocube 32 comparability with icecap 2/3.0v battery backup

hey.al

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, everyone. I am shopping for a backup battery system for my biocube 32 Everything is stock. I am having issues finding a battery backup system that is designed for aquariums that would be compatible with the stock pump.

Does any one know if the icecap battery backup 3.0v or 2.0v is compatible with the coralife stock biocube 32 pump?
If not, could it be compatible with another pump that I can purchase on Amazon or something on the lower end (example: eflux wave pump?()

I am thinking that I can run a pump like this in the tank in addition to the existing coralife pump when I am away on a trip. In the event of a power outage this pump could be hooked up to the back up battery back up and continue to run when the rest of the tank is cut off from power. The tank could benefit from additional flow anyways but at this time I am not looking to spend a couple hundred on a pump itself along with the battery back up system.

Lastly, are there any alternative back up power supply options that you guys may know of that may work with the biocube 32 in the event that the first two options aren’t a solution?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 150 88.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back