Stock is limited. Pre-order your ReefBot Pro now and save $400!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Got my Reefbot going. Using Tropic Marin nitrate pro kit. My first three tests 1 each day showed over 20ppm. Today I ran a calibration and retested, it dropped to 10ppm. I used same test kit but manually did one. 0 nitrates. What am I doing wrong?
Hello,
Please email [email protected] and our chemist will take a look.

Mike weymers

View Badges
Reaction score
Here are few pictures

CB1EB6C3-2964-49E5-84DF-DF706D55B0E5.jpeg 11EEA96F-2B8D-4B76-A685-B5F9A3506770.jpeg

JaysLittleOcean

View Badges
Reaction score
I have had a number of issues with my ReefBot and honestly I want this to work. I have very little time for manual testing. In the past I can recount statements where issues with the original ReefBot has been addressed in the Pro. Can you specifically identify those issues and how they have been resolved in the new model? I have a few questions that I can list below.

1. How has the accuracy of the of the ReefBot Pro been improved over the previous ReefBot model?
  2. What has been done to increase the reliability of components within the ReefBot Pro over the previous ReefBot model?
  3. The initial ReefBot model had a rather short lifespan of internal pumps requiring replacement every 6 months? Is this the same with the ReefBot Pro or has this been imporoved?

OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
I have had a number of issues with my ReefBot and honestly I want this to work. I have very little time for manual testing. In the past I can recount statements where issues with the original ReefBot has been addressed in the Pro. Can you specifically identify those issues and how they have been resolved in the new model? I have a few questions that I can list below.

1. How has the accuracy of the of the ReefBot Pro been improved over the previous ReefBot model?
  2. What has been done to increase the reliability of components within the ReefBot Pro over the previous ReefBot model?
  3. The initial ReefBot model had a rather short lifespan of internal pumps requiring replacement every 6 months? Is this the same with the ReefBot Pro or has this been imporoved?
Sorry to hear that you got some issues with the ReefBot.

1. The accuracy has been dramatically improved by relying on a syringe And a stepper motor controlling it for water sampling instead of a pump. this gave lot of stability in water sampling.

2. we changed numerous componentsthat have longer life span. Such as the linear actuator.

3. although every dosing pump that uses pbt hose is rated for 6 months and we recommend to change it within 6 months time the ReefBot pro can be used for more time as the exact water sample is done with the syringe and the pump is just delivering the water to the syringe.

do not hesitate to contact our support on [email protected] for further assistance.

best,

JaysLittleOcean

View Badges
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that you got some issues with the ReefBot.

1. The accuracy has been dramatically improved by relying on a syringe And a stepper motor controlling it for water sampling instead of a pump. this gave lot of stability in water sampling.

2. we changed numerous componentsthat have longer life span. Such as the linear actuator.

3. although every dosing pump that uses pbt hose is rated for 6 months and we recommend to change it within 6 months time the ReefBot pro can be used for more time as the exact water sample is done with the syringe and the pump is just delivering the water to the syringe.

do not hesitate to contact our support on [email protected] for further assistance.

best,

Thank you. I have additional questions that I want to ask here as I am sure there are others within the community that have similar questions.
  1. What is the recommended component replacement lifespan now for the pumps?
  2. What is the lifespan on the syringe?
  3. What was the issue requiring users to reflash the firmware and has that been addressed in the ReefBot Pro?
  4. How have you addressed the failure of the magnetic spinners as well as the damage to the wiring harness causing said wires to become cut?
  5. Also I'm a bit confused regarding the availability of the ReefBot Pro. Is it available now with limited stock? What is the estimated time for shipping and receipt after purchasing? Or is it a true pre-order and I have to wait more time after swipping my card?

OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Thank you. I have additional questions that I want to ask here as I am sure there are others within the community that have similar questions.
  1. What is the recommended component replacement lifespan now for the pumps?
  2. What is the lifespan on the syringe?
  3. What was the issue requiring users to reflash the firmware and has that been addressed in the ReefBot Pro?
  4. How have you addressed the failure of the magnetic spinners as well as the damage to the wiring harness causing said wires to become cut?
  5. Also I'm a bit confused regarding the availability of the ReefBot Pro. Is it available now with limited stock? What is the estimated time for shipping and receipt after purchasing? Or is it a true pre-order and I have to wait more time after swipping my card?
1. We always recommend to change the pump heads every 6 months although they will last for more time.
2. The life spam of the syringes are 60 tests.
3. The issue was with a specific SD card batch and we changed it with a more reliable cards.
4. We changed the design of the motor housing and we’re using thicker wires.
5. The ReefBot Pro is available now for order and is being shipped within a week from purchase.

Best,

OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Has this change been made to the regular reefbot?

No, the regular ReefBot doesn’t have this feature. The ReefBot is as accurate as the test kit you are using

ddaddy2420

View Badges
Reaction score
I’ve been waiting for a response but since you seem to be replying here. None of my tests are coming back with colors anywhere remotely close to what it should. I’ve tried 2 different ammonia tests and I get anywhere’s from a dark brown to a purple, no green anywhere I be found (geismann and api).

Same goes for nitrate and phosphate tests. I’ve had this thing going on 2 months now without a single accurate test to show for it. First it was the prox switch, then a blown chip, then the wrong chip, now it’s not pulling the correct amount of reagant and these strange colors for results. Fairly close to giving up and pulling down my alkatronic /dosetronic and spending for the mastertronic.

507C8CE5-DBE2-45E3-9186-1F47EE3505DF.png 6C590115-2924-4053-9C4B-27EFC5975CE4.png F5ACE18E-0BF6-40D8-A10E-4841D6C418AD.png C6BB6814-5AB6-48B4-8CBF-E80FB2897B62.png

OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
I’ve been waiting for a response but since you seem to be replying here. None of my tests are coming back with colors anywhere remotely close to what it should. I’ve tried 2 different ammonia tests and I get anywhere’s from a dark brown to a purple, no green anywhere I be found (geismann and api).

Same goes for nitrate and phosphate tests. I’ve had this thing going on 2 months now without a single accurate test to show for it. First it was the prox switch, then a blown chip, then the wrong chip, now it’s not pulling the correct amount of reagant and these strange colors for results. Fairly close to giving up and pulling down my alkatronic /dosetronic and spending for the mastertronic.

507C8CE5-DBE2-45E3-9186-1F47EE3505DF.png 6C590115-2924-4053-9C4B-27EFC5975CE4.png F5ACE18E-0BF6-40D8-A10E-4841D6C418AD.png C6BB6814-5AB6-48B4-8CBF-E80FB2897B62.png
Hello, looks to me like the reagents placements are not correct.
Please email [email protected]

best,

Back