Stock is limited. Pre-order your ReefBot Pro now and save $400!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
I’ve been waiting for a response but since you seem to be replying here. None of my tests are coming back with colors anywhere remotely close to what it should. I’ve tried 2 different ammonia tests and I get anywhere’s from a dark brown to a purple, no green anywhere I be found (geismann and api).

Same goes for nitrate and phosphate tests. I’ve had this thing going on 2 months now without a single accurate test to show for it. First it was the prox switch, then a blown chip, then the wrong chip, now it’s not pulling the correct amount of reagant and these strange colors for results. Fairly close to giving up and pulling down my alkatronic /dosetronic and spending for the mastertronic.

507C8CE5-DBE2-45E3-9186-1F47EE3505DF.png 6C590115-2924-4053-9C4B-27EFC5975CE4.png F5ACE18E-0BF6-40D8-A10E-4841D6C418AD.png C6BB6814-5AB6-48B4-8CBF-E80FB2897B62.png
Also make sure to have stirrers magnets in the rinsing chamber and testing chamber

ddaddy2420

View Badges
Reaction score
No, to the left side. You have engravings on the vial holder plate.

The reagants are correct, I’ve watched it run the tests, it’s getting incorrect amounts from the reagants. Watching an ammonia test is hard to miss, it’s a very straightforward test, yet the bot is still getting the wrong amounts

OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
The reagants are correct, I’ve watched it run the tests, it’s getting incorrect amounts from the reagants. Watching an ammonia test is hard to miss, it’s a very straightforward test, yet the bot is still getting the wrong amounts
Our engineer already replied to your support chat, please follow it up with him on the chat portal.
Thanks

ddaddy2420

View Badges
Reaction score
Yea I got his reply, his solution was to put magnets in the RO and Test chamber. That’s almost as good as your response that I’ve got the reagants in the wrong place. I’m not sure what your position is within the company but if you want to keep my business then I’m gonna need more than magnets and mixed up reagants. I’ve been troubleshooting this thing for 2 straight months and I’ve gotten no where.

The most recent problem now is when I attempt to calibrate the RO water it’s over filling the tube 3 fold and putting approx 30ml of water in it, so it’s overflowing everywhere. But since the app won’t allow me to put anything greater than 10 then I highly doubt it will ever calibrate.

If you can’t tell from my response, then let me be clear, I’m done trying to fix this boat anchor. We are passed the point of me wasting my afternoons on the weekend working on it. A replacement is the only solution as far as I’m concerned. And if you don’t minded appreciate it if you could email this to the email you keep posting.

OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Yea I got his reply, his solution was to put magnets in the RO and Test chamber. That’s almost as good as your response that I’ve got the reagants in the wrong place. I’m not sure what your position is within the company but if you want to keep my business then I’m gonna need more than magnets and mixed up reagants. I’ve been troubleshooting this thing for 2 straight months and I’ve gotten no where.

The most recent problem now is when I attempt to calibrate the RO water it’s over filling the tube 3 fold and putting approx 30ml of water in it, so it’s overflowing everywhere. But since the app won’t allow me to put anything greater than 10 then I highly doubt it will ever calibrate.

If you can’t tell from my response, then let me be clear, I’m done trying to fix this boat anchor. We are passed the point of me wasting my afternoons on the weekend working on it. A replacement is the only solution as far as I’m concerned. And if you don’t minded appreciate it if you could email this to the email you keep posting.
Please follow it up with Hady on the suppo Chat.
Thanks

JaysLittleOcean

View Badges
Reaction score
I'm also a bit confused about the calibration portion of the test. Each time I have calibrated my unit I have been presented with an error that the amount entered was incorrect and then calibration fails. How is the ReefBot able to calibrate anything properly if it is looking for a pre-determined range of fluid. No other device that I own from GHL to Neptune Systems have this problem. Can you explain that mechanics behind the calibration Process?

JaysLittleOcean

View Badges
Reaction score

Let us know how it works out for you. I too am just at the point your are at. I'm waiting for my GHL ION Director to ship. I was still hoping to have a place for the chemicals that my GHL combo doesn't test for. But It's starting to be a lost cause. When I read other interactions like this it bothers to see that I'm not alone. I to request a replacement unit. But after months of troubleshooting I was offered to send the unit back for repair. I requested a return label and a shipping box. The unit is still sitting in my home because I'm waiting on the proper shipping box to be sent. Do I think that will ever happen. Not really.

ddaddy2420

View Badges
Reaction score
Unit still not working and no one has responded since 2pm yesterday. The pic shows the last test I ran - was a Tropic Marin nitrate test and you can see the color is way off.

C9C03EFC-A6A6-4360-B615-41811EC6EFFD.png

ddaddy2420

View Badges
Reaction score
Well it seems to be working now. All the tests are matching my manual tests. Got the mixer working and got it calibrated successfully. Also changed out a few tests.

ddaddy2420

View Badges
Reaction score
Now that’s it working, I’d say yes. Especially considering the only thing similar to it is the mastertronic which is $400 more. Just took me a little longer than most to iron out the bugs.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 22 78.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Other

Votes: 2 7.1%
Back