Stock list for 75 Gal

leahkammeraad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Opinions on this stocking list are welcome my research has been giving me mixed opinions on compatibility
I was able to talk my son (the one we bought the tank for) out of the lionfish and the marine betta because we already have the clownfish

so we're looking at: this is my planned order too (please tell me if there are any problems)
2 or 3 clownfish (already own would be moving from current tank just haven't decided which one)
1 lawnmower blenny (BRS recommendation utility fish)
1 blue eye bristletooth tang (BRS recommendation utility fish)
1 six line wrasse (BRS recommendation utility fish)
1 Royal Gramma ( my daughter wants purple)
2? Blue Gudgeon Dartfish ( Boys wanted a blue fish)
1 (or 2) goby pistol pair (we haven't decided what goby but something colorful would be preferred)
not sure if we can have more fish or if that's too many
kids also want a rabbitfish or hawk fish preferably both and banggai cardinal fish
we also like the look of the coral beauty angelfish
my oldest one would like a mandarin goby that would be a year or more down the road after i figure out the pod situation if at all

clean up crew
1 star fish (suggestions welcome)
1 tuxedo urhin
are snails and hermit crabs necessary they just seem to fight each other and disappear

we're planning on having coral in about 6 month or so after I'm sure we've got the parameters stable
corals we're looking at getting include :
zoanthids
maybe an island of pulsing xenia
branching hammer coral
maybe a bubble coral
maybe a duncan
maybe a candy cane
we're going to add an anemone at some point

we do not have a sump and won't for the foreseeable future
Going to have sand and lots of live rock
2 hang on back filters with bio media
have not decided on the lights or power heads (thinking current USA loop system)
I'm trying to figure out either a in tank refugium basket (does egg crate come in black?) or hang on back refugium for macro algae and pods
looking at cobalt neo therm heaters (2x 200 watt)

Did I forget anything or overlook anything important?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish list is fine. Usual asterisk (*) on the sixline (mine is great: YMMV). I like my midas over the lawnmower blenny, flame hawkfish is great, royal gramma or dottybacks are good (have both). Coral beauty is also a nice addition (limit to one dwarf angel for your tank).

Starfish I'd hold off on until your tank is established (6 months). Turbo snails, ring cowries (can eat dinos), trochus snails, some cerith and nassarius snails for the sandbed and a good mix of blue and scarlet hermits.

Corals - the sky's the limit.

LAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish list is fine. Usual asterisk (*) on the sixline (mine is great: YMMV). I like my midas over the lawnmower blenny, flame hawkfish is great, royal gramma or dottybacks are good (have both). Coral beauty is also a nice addition (limit to one dwarf angel for your tank).

Starfish I'd hold off on until your tank is established (6 months). Turbo snails, ring cowries (can eat dinos), trochus snails, some cerith and nassarius snails for the sandbed and a good mix of blue and scarlet hermits.

Corals - the sky's the limit.
Agreed

Back