Stock ?

Barb0713

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been here asking and reading throughout my whole set up process. Thanks for all the help everyone . I am building a 20 gallon tall nano reef tank. I currently have as follows for fish
2 pajama cardinals
2 clowns
1 dwarf Pygmy Angel
I have 6 coral frags and some CUC including a peppermint shrimp , a tiger Conch. A few snails and one lonely hermit crab
Everyone gets along and are doing wonderful.
I want to add a royal gamma ???
hiw many fish are too many for a 20 gallon reef ? If I get the gamma. Is 6 too many? Or do some of you go even higher ?
I will be getting more coral , I also want a clam … any advice on clams in nano reefs ?
thanks

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have been here asking and reading throughout my whole set up process. Thanks for all the help everyone . I am building a 20 gallon tall nano reef tank. I currently have as follows for fish
2 pajama cardinals
2 clowns
1 dwarf Pygmy Angel
I have 6 coral frags and some CUC including a peppermint shrimp , a tiger Conch. A few snails and one lonely hermit crab
Everyone gets along and are doing wonderful.
I want to add a royal gamma ???
hiw many fish are too many for a 20 gallon reef ? If I get the gamma. Is 6 too many? Or do some of you go even higher ?
I will be getting more coral , I also want a clam … any advice on clams in nano reefs ?
thanks
Royal gramma ok but can be a tank jerk in time.
Obviously maintain good water quality and diet

OP
OP
B

Barb0713

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5 fish is really pushing it on a 20 gallon, and tank is way too small for the pgymy angel fish.
Thanks. Yes. I realize this now , but you know how salesmen don’t tell you that lol. Anyway. This 20 is my first attempt at saltwater (I have 3 other freshwater aquariums ) have been doing that for years. Once I gain some more experience with a salty tank (with the time I put in , it won’t be long ) I plan to set up a bigger reef tank. I will be able to move it when the time comes . It’s living its best life right .

OP
OP
B

Barb0713

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d stick to a max of three fish in a 20 gallon. I know it’s so hard not to overstock…I did in the beginning but now I know better.
Thanks. Lol yes this hobby takes so much restraint and self control. Lol that I sometimes don’t have. But I’m trying really hard.

OP
OP
B

Barb0713

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Yes. I realize this now , but you know how salesmen don’t tell you that lol. Anyway. This 20 is my first attempt at saltwater (I have 3 other freshwater aquariums ) have been doing that for years. Once I gain some more experience with a salty tank (with the time I put in , it won’t be long ) I plan to set up a bigger reef tank. I will be able to move it when the time comes . It’s living its best life right .

OP
OP
B

Barb0713

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any advice on a clam ? Lol I really want one , but don’t wanna regret it

OP
OP
B

Barb0713

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure if I can give them enough light without bleaching my corals , but I’m reading they are good in nano reef tanks ?

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Any advice on a clam ? Lol I really want one , but don’t wanna regret it
NOT in this tank. You will need optimm water parameters especially alk and CA and proper lighting and flow

OP
OP
B

Barb0713

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NOT in this tank. You will need optimm water parameters especially alk and CA and proper lighting and flow
I have excellent water quality even all alk and cal. And it has remained very stable. My concern is lighting . I have the current USA loop system for lighting and flow. So the environment is sufficient. But all I read is the clan need so much extreme light that how do you give it that without it being too intense for the coral. I will continue to research and maybe hold off on it for now . Thanks for the input :) I really appreciate the advice of real people that have experience in what I’m doing .

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have excellent water quality even all alk and cal. And it has remained very stable. My concern is lighting . I have the current USA loop system for lighting and flow. So the environment is sufficient. But all I read is the clan need so much extreme light that how do you give it that without it being too intense for the coral. I will continue to research and maybe hold off on it for now . Thanks for the input :) I really appreciate the advice of real people that have experience in what I’m doing .
current wont do it. At minimum Ai Hydra 26 or 32

OP
OP
B

Barb0713

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
current wont do it. At minimum Ai Hydra 26 or 32
Ok thanks I was getting that from reading but there is so much out there that I am seeing people doing all kinds things. I’m more concert with having the correct lights for my coral. Maybe set up something for clams later on. I currently have 4 tanks. And I’m only getting more obsessed
1666114405221.png

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back