Stocking a 169 gallon system with a 150 gallon DT.

Missinglink358

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have decided for the first five fish I would like to stock would be: white tail tang, pyramid butterfly fish, rhomboin wrasse, melanarus wrasseand a blue spotted Jagdish. If I could get some guidance on how to stock the tank and in what sequence would be great... this for a mixed reef tank. And any additional additions would be great.... has anyone had dealings with the white tail tang??? Thanks.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have decided for the first five fish I would like to stock would be: white tail tang, pyramid butterfly fish, rhomboin wrasse, melanarus wrasseand a blue spotted Jagdish. If I could get some guidance on how to stock the tank and in what sequence would be great... this for a mixed reef tank. And any additional additions would be great.... has anyone had dealings with the white tail tang??? Thanks.
Not sure there is any perfect or magic answer. If you're going to have a pyramid butterfly, I would make sure you have some maturity to the tank (i.e. put in at least some 'live rock (like real live rock)'. If you can order it - and put it in I would tend to add the pyramid first and get it feeding and healthy. After that I think you could do almost any order. I don't see tangs bothering wrasses, etc. With the jawfish I would make sure you have a mesh (or other) cover. Hope this helps

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 27 29.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 73 79.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 15 16.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Other

Votes: 8 8.7%
Back