Stocking a 600 gallon tank (suppliers)

Cuse89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all I am looking at stocking a 600 gallon tank all at once looking to order over 30 fish. Looking at anyone(suppliers) who gives package deals. Let me know thanks! I will be price shopping between a couple companies
Rough stock list
Fish list

Ocellaris clown (8)

Carpenter flasher Wrasse

Orange back fairy wrasse

Red head solorensis wrasse

Purple tang (2)

Yellow tang (5)

Red Sea sailfin (1)

Sailfin tang (3)

Mata tang (1)

Naso tang blonde or regular (4)

Clown tang (1)

Hippo tang (4)

Gold rim tang (1)

Orange shoulder tang (4)

Vlamingi tang(1)

Unicorn tang (1)

Powder blue tang (1)

Powder brown tang (1)

Convict tang (4)

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all I am looking at stocking a 600 gallon tank all at once looking to order over 30 fish. Looking at anyone(suppliers) who gives package deals. Let me know thanks! I will be price shopping between a couple companies
Rough stock list
Fish list

Ocellaris clown (8)

Carpenter flasher Wrasse

Orange back fairy wrasse

Purple tang (2)

Yellow tang (5)

Red Sea sailfin (1)

Sailfin tang (3)

Mata tang (1)

Clown tang (1)

Hippo tang (4)

Gold rim tang (1)

Orange shoulder tang (4)

Vlamingi tang(1)

Unicorn tang (1)

Powder blue tang (1)

Powder brown tang (1)

Convict tang (4)

SO, 1 coming in with velvet would wipe out your entire approach 'all at once'

Lee at School of Fish ships nationwide and has unusual fish not standard. He recently gave an acclimation training at our local hobby club meeting.

Jay Hemdal recently gave quarantine training at our local hobby club meeting too.

Good luck in your hunt for 'package deal'

Upvote 0

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rough stock list
Fish list

Ocellaris clown (8)

Carpenter flasher Wrasse

Orange back fairy wrasse

Purple tang (2)

Yellow tang (5)

Red Sea sailfin (1)

Sailfin tang (3)

Mata tang (1)

Clown tang (1)

Hippo tang (4)

Gold rim tang (1)

Orange shoulder tang (4)

Vlamingi tang(1)

Unicorn tang (1)

Powder blue tang (1)

Powder brown tang (1)

Convict tang (4)
One thing that is missing from this list is more wrasses. Just one or two isn’t enough!

If you want any compatibility questions on wrasses we can help over in the wrasse lingers thread ;)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Cuse89

Cuse89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I did not say, but yes they will all be going through a quarantine as well. This is why I want to do everything at once haha one big quarantine between a couple 55 gallon tanks I currently also have.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Cuse89

Cuse89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing that is missing from this list is more wrasses. Just one or two isn’t enough!

If you want any compatibility questions on wrasses we can help over in the wrasse lingers thread ;)
tell me more haha any ideas on mixing in thalassomoa wrasses as well? I do like that the size on full grown is a bit bigger. I do hear that they can be a bit aggressive possibly thou! Also would be interested in other wrasses as well needs a couple ideas on kinds thou!

Upvote 0

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I was cruising around running errands this afternoon, thought of SALGADO AQUATICS and this is another company that if you were to reach out to them they might do bundle pricing.

They had been out of New York, but family reasons had them relocate to Texas. They still ship nationwide.

Upvote 0

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tell me more haha any ideas on mixing in thalassomoa wrasses as well? I do like that the size on full grown is a bit bigger. I do hear that they can be a bit aggressive possibly thou! Also would be interested in other wrasses as well needs a couple ideas on kinds thou!
Unfortunately thalassoma species have a tendency to be nasty if you get an aggressive one and we don’t recommend mixing them with smaller wrasses.
If you’re doing a Sand Bed in the tank then here’s the genera that you can have;
- Cirrhilabrus*
- Paracheilinus*
- Labroides*
- Anampses
- Macropharyngodon
- Pseudojuloides
- Xenojulis

Now, the top three genera (the three with a *) don’t need a sandbed as they sleep in the rockwork. The other reason I have these guys high lighted is due to them being unable to mix in with their own species as they all become male in captivity.

The other genera all need to have a sandbed as this is what they hide in during the night as well as when scared. However these genera I believe you can be much more successful in keeping them in groups of 1 male to however many females.

For other help, it would be best if you sort through these genera and pick the ones you like then give a large list of the ones you want and we can pick through them :)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Cuse89

Cuse89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome (well, i guess you've been here since '21 :) ).

I'm curious as to the dimensions. The 4 sailfins sure might hate each other, along with the 4 orange shoulders.
Yes have been part of the site for a bit just don’t post to often, also the dimensions of tank are 96”x48”x30”. Once fish are closer to full grown I will be working on final tank built into wall not sure on size yet, but this will be the final build! That’s why I was looking for more juvenile sizes to start off with

Upvote 0

Piscans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this wont be the popular opinion, but what if you got a fishing rod, caught a ton of native new york saltwater fish, then kept them.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Cuse89

Cuse89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this wont be the popular opinion, but what if you got a fishing rod, caught a ton of native new york saltwater fish, then kept them.
Unfortunately I don’t live by the city I’m inland by Lake Erie. That being said I do also have a freshwater system in-tact
(discus tank)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Cuse89

Cuse89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately thalassoma species have a tendency to be nasty if you get an aggressive one and we don’t recommend mixing them with smaller wrasses.
If you’re doing a Sand Bed in the tank then here’s the genera that you can have;
- Cirrhilabrus*
- Paracheilinus*
- Labroides*
- Anampses
- Macropharyngodon
- Pseudojuloides
- Xenojulis

Now, the top three genera (the three with a *) don’t need a sandbed as they sleep in the rockwork. The other reason I have these guys high lighted is due to them being unable to mix in with their own species as they all become male in captivity.

The other genera all need to have a sandbed as this is what they hide in during the night as well as when scared. However these genera I believe you can be much more successful in keeping them in groups of 1 male to however many females.

For other help, it would be best if you sort through these genera and pick the ones you like then give a large list of the ones you want and we can pick through them :)
So I was able to put a list together that I do like any feedback would be great. Also open to opinions of any that are striking colors as well that you know of!

Carpenter flasher Wrasse

Orange back fairy wrasse

Blue throat wrasse

Dusky wrasse

Naoko wrasse

Richmond wrasse

Grey head wrasse

Royal flasher

would love to add a klunzinger wrasse to because of the striking color, but if it’s not ideal I would hold off

Upvote 0

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was able to put a list together that I do like any feedback would be great. Also open to opinions of any that are striking colors as well that you know of!

Carpenter flasher Wrasse

Orange back fairy wrasse

Blue throat wrasse

Dusky wrasse

Naoko wrasse

Richmond wrasse

Grey head wrasse

Royal flasher

would love to add a klunzinger wrasse to because of the striking color, but if it’s not ideal I would hold off
That stocking list should do well in your tank size!
I’d also look into these guys;
- Cirrhilabrus nahackyi
- Cirrhilabrus johnsoni
- Cirrhilabrus pylei
- Cirrhilabrus isosceles
- Anampses neoguinaicus
- Anampses twistii
- Pseudojuloides atavai
- Pseudojuloides severnsi
- Pseudojuloides cerasinus
- Pseudojuloides cerasinus ‘tahiti’
- Paracheilinus attenuatus
- Paracheilinus cyaneus
- Paracheilinus lineopunctatus

I could go on and on haha, there are so many wrasses with such nice colours that I bet would make for a stunning display in your tank.

I would personally be cautious with the Orange Back Fairy, Red Headed Solon Fairy and Blue Throat Fairy as these can have a bad reputation however I’ve found that in larger tanks (and yours is beyond ‘larger’) they tend to not have as big of a temper.

Upvote 0

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 34.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back