Stocking a 75g tank?

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think a torch coral would be okay for the next one I add, or should I do something like a hammer or mushroom?
In my short experience, torches are harder to keep than hammers and both are much harder than mushrooms. Mushrooms are a sure bet to fill a new tank for a beginner. The cheap ones have nice colors and can be a great addition. They’re also a good test of your water quality. If you can’t keep mushrooms, you sure can’t keep torches and hammers.

Also waiting for my extra test kits to come in on thursday, at home I have nitrate, nitrite, ammonia, pH, and alkalinity but bought new kits for calcium and phosphate.
Nitrite and ammonia you might never test again. So not verry important.

PH, alk, calcium and phosphate are important. You’re missing magnesium and salinity, both important as well.

OP
OP
H

hbubley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my short experience, torches are harder to keep than hammers and both are much harder than mushrooms. Mushrooms are a sure bet to fill a new tank for a beginner. The cheap ones have nice colors and can be a great addition. They’re also a good test of your water quality. If you can’t keep mushrooms, you sure can’t keep torches and hammers.

Nitrite and ammonia you might never test again. So not verry important.

PH, alk, calcium and phosphate are important. You’re missing magnesium and salinity, both important as well.
Magnesium I def need, I have an electric probe thing for the salinity I forgot to mention. I'll run to the LFS today and pick up magnesium!

Thanks for your advice on the corals, I'll do a mushroom coral next for sure. Maybe this weekend hehe.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back