Stocking A Reefer XL300

DBUM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys so I'm new to the hobby and have had a reefer xl300 set up for a while now.

I currently have
1 Flame Hawkfish
2 Ocellairs clowns
1 Starry Blenny
1 Orchid Dottyback
1 Coral Beauty Angel
1 Yellow Purple Wrasse
1 Blood Shrimp
1 Cleaner Shrimp

I've had no issues so far with my fish everything seems healthy. I'm just wondering if this is too much livestock for a tank of this size. Please let me know as I want what's best for my fish! Many of them are juveniles currently.

Display Tank: 65 gal
Sump: 15 gal
RSK 300 skimmer
Klir Filter Roller
Refugium

alxrosco

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you are fine, I don’t believe your tank is overstock, but it will all come down to habits, and equipment working properly. I will test the water from time to time to make sure your phosphates and nitrates are in check. If your fish look healthy then probably you are doing what you are supposed to. Do your water changes, add vitamins, like Selcon, to their diet, don’t overfeed them, etc.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same tank and had similar fish and everything was fine till Brooklynella killed everything. Make sure your clowns were thoroughly QT before they got in there. Brook is most likely introduced by clown fish. But with the equipment you have and the size of those fish you should be fine.

OP
OP
D

DBUM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks guys! Do you think I could add a melnarus wrasse or is that pushing it. That would be the last livestock I would want to add

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks guys! Do you think I could add a melnarus wrasse or is that pushing it. That would be the last livestock I would want to add

I think it would be ok but I am new to salt tanks but had a lot of nice freshwater set ups.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 126 59.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 76 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.6%
Back