Stocking help.

Momo91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am putting in a 5 ft long 150 gal tank that I'm upgrading from my 112gal. I currently have a naso tang, a flame angel, Dimond goby, 2 fire fish, and a blue throat trigger. And I was getting interested in wrasses. And I saw the bird wrasse and the carpenter wrasse and McCosker’s and a leopard wrasse. So I was wondering are any of those compatible with my original guys and with each other. And how many can I have. I know I have to have females and only 1 male. My tank had about 3-4 in of sand and lots of rocks. The 150 gal will be set up by the end of the month. Oh and I do plan to get 2 clown fish. And that would be the end of my stock wish list. I might already be over crowding. I'm not planning to get all these wrasse but those are the ones I like the most, especially the bird wrasse.

Dodge Ram

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much live rock? Wrasse love to play in the rocks and crevices searching and finding food.

jcdeng

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wrasses usually not get along with other wrasses either of similar size or color. You are fine with current tank mates but if you want a few wrasses in the big tank and not just one, it is best to add them together. Also you don't really need females unless you want those supermale colors. Adding females will usually create more fighting and jumping as the male tends to chase/harass his females.

In my tank the lineatus will flash and display vibrant colors just from the dust effect of the lighting, no female needed.

OP
OP
Momo91

Momo91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I get all males? And doesn't matter from the list above, as soon as I put them at once?

jcdeng

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes, all males but if you get 2 of the same species, ie, 2 flashers, they might fight. But if you get a mix, like a fairy, a flasher, and melanurus/leopard, they will ignore each other.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Momo91

Momo91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes, all males but if you get 2 of the same species, ie, 2 flashers, they might fight. But if you get a mix, like a fairy, a flasher, and melanurus/leopard, they will ignore each other.
Oh ok thanks!!! That's actually better for me because I'd rather the different mix anyways. Appreciate the help!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back