stocking ideas for 15g aio tank ?

Shawaiz_106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title suggests, im looking for stocking ideas for a 15g cube tank.

some fish that i like are :

- Clownfish
- blue green chromis
- 6 line wrasse
- Royal gramma
- Bangai Cardinal
- Yellow-rose Goby
- fire fish

ik i obviously cant keep all of them so im looking for advice on which ones i should get that would get along etc.
also any suggestions on cleanup crew would also be very helpful. Thankyou

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 clowns and leave it at that for 15 gallons

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shrimp move a lot. Hermits are fun to watch.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a fluval 13.5 that has 2 clowns and I have a auora goby in qt. I’ll also probably get a royal gramma. I do large weekly water changes.
I’d recommend mostly gobies and could probably have a max of 4 small fish.

OP
OP
Shawaiz_106

Shawaiz_106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a fluval 13.5 that has 2 clowns and I have a auora goby in qt. I’ll also probably get a royal gramma. I do large weekly water changes.
I’d recommend mostly gobies and could probably have a max of 4 small fish.
i would love a goby but do i need to have a deep sandbed for it ?, my sandbed rn just covers the aquarium floor and i like it because it will mean less detritus trapped in the sand. My rockwork also has a lot of hiding places if the goby feels threatened.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would love a goby but do i need to have a deep sandbed for it ?, my sandbed rn just covers the aquarium floor and i like it because it will mean less detritus trapped in the sand. My rockwork also has a lot of hiding places if the goby feels threatened.
Depends on species, some burrow some don’t. Most don’t need a very deep sandbed, 1-2 inches is what my shrimpgoby will be in.
is this a good cleanup crew ?
1 cleaner shrimp
3 blue legged hermit crabs
5 snails
What kind of snails? You could probably up the hermit number to 8 or so.

OP
OP
Shawaiz_106

Shawaiz_106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on species, some burrow some don’t. Most don’t need a very deep sandbed, 1-2 inches is what my shrimpgoby will be in.

What kind of snails? You could probably up the hermit number to 8 or so.
Im looking at a yellowrose goby without a pistol shrimp bcs for some reason my lfs doesnt sell one and there arent any other fish shops that have saltwater fish anywhere near me. As for snail i would probably choose from nassarius snail, nerite snail or turbo snail

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two clowns and one small sand dwelling goby (yellow rose is perfect) and done.

When my clowns got big and started spawning they would kill the poop out of anything within a 20g radius except the small sand dwellers. Something like a royal gramma or fire fish was just an easy target for them. I think just more noticeable and active so they would terrorize fish like that.

A lot of people add more fish to small tanks but they don't have spawning clownfish yet ;)

OP
OP
Shawaiz_106

Shawaiz_106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

When my clowns got big and started spawning they would kill the poop out of anything within a 20g radius except the small sand dwellers. Something like a royal gramma or fire fish was just an easy target for them. I think just more noticeable and active so they would terrorize fish like that.

A lot of people add more fish to small tanks but they don't have spawning clownfish yet ;)
Alright thats that i think. 2 clowns and a yellowrose. which should i buy first ?

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright thats that i think. 2 clowns and a yellowrose. which should i buy first ?

If the clowns are small juvies then it should be okay whichever you buy first. They are pretty laid back as juvies and shouldn't harass the new guy. If your LFS has bigger clowns or if the female seems more adult size. Then I would add the goby first.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Def add the goby first. Clowns are mean. I’d look out for a candycane/redbanded pistol shrimp online or at the store. They may be able to special order one. The symbiosis is really fun.
Tiger pistols may be easier to find, but would require a larger goby to be safe.

I would think a gramma could hold its own, despite being all show. Honestly I’m looking for some sort of target distraction fish for my clowns, they’ve been alone for too long and the female is beating on the male. I was going to go with a gramma, or would they kill it? Should I go nuclear with a sixline? I can’t imagine that ending well though...

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Def add the goby first. Clowns are mean. I’d look out for a candycane/redbanded pistol shrimp online or at the store. They may be able to special order one. The symbiosis is really fun.
Tiger pistols may be easier to find, but would require a larger goby to be safe.

I would think a gramma could hold its own, despite being all show. Honestly I’m looking for some sort of target distraction fish for my clowns, they’ve been alone for too long and the female is beating on the male. I was going to go with a gramma, or would they kill it? Should I go nuclear with a sixline? I can’t imagine that ending well though...

I had a sixline, starkii damsel, and gramma in with a pair in a 25g and none of them could hold their own against a very angry mama percula. I tried all semi-aggressive fish to try and hold their own. It worked for awhile until it didn't lol

I remember a thread on nano-reef where their occy grabbed a fish and fed it to the nem cuz it got too close.

All fish have individual personalities. Most females are very angry if they have eggs.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a sixline, starkii damsel, and gramma in with a pair in a 25g and none of them could hold their own against a very angry mama percula. I tried all semi-aggressive fish to try and hold their own. It worked for awhile until it didn't lol

I remember a thread on nano-reef where their occy grabbed a fish and fed it to the nem cuz it got too close.

All fish have individual personalities. Most females are very angry if they have eggs.
I may have to rethink my stocking...

OP
OP
Shawaiz_106

Shawaiz_106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the clowns are small juvies then it should be okay whichever you buy first. They are pretty laid back as juvies and shouldn't harass the new guy. If your LFS has bigger clowns or if the female seems more adult size. Then I would add the goby first.
i am going to get the clowns a juvies but i think im going with goby first still

reddevilant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm seeing a lot of suggestions for either clowns or gobies. My suggestion......clown gobies! I have a Citronis clown goby and he is my absolute favorite! He's very active and interactive. Green clown gobies look cool too.

OP
OP
Shawaiz_106

Shawaiz_106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm seeing a lot of suggestions for either clowns or gobies. My suggestion......clown gobies! I have a Citronis clown goby and he is my absolute favorite! He's very active and interactive. Green clown gobies look cool too.
Didn't think about that, researched about it a bit and I think I like the fish. My last has all three. Yellow, green and citronis clown goby so idk which to get ( if I get one ). Would this livestock with it be okay ?

1 Royal gramma
1. Clown goby
1 yellowrose goby
And last, either a firefish or bangai cardinal

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back