Stocking Ideas - Waterbox Marine x 110.4 (80g DT, 30g Sump) 48"x20"x22"

DocPalmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning Everyone,

My tank should arrive from waterbox sometime July and I couldn't be more excited. This will be my first reef tank and I'm planning what I'll stock it with. I have a strong preference for utilitarian inhabitants. Truthfully no idea which order I will introduce my fish either. I'm leaning towards the clownfish first. I welcome and encourage all recommendations and suggestions! My current ideas are:

- Ocellaris Clownfish x2
- Lawnmower Blenny x1
- Wrasse (some type) x1
- Tang (some type) x1 (leaning towards Kole or Bristle Tooth Tomni)
- Royal Gamma x1
- Blenny (some type) x1
- Goby (some type) x1
- Some type of schooling fish x (3-6)
- Would I be able to house one of the smaller butterfly fish?
- Typical CUC (shrimp, snails, crabs, etc.)

This list is in no way finalized. Just trying to get an idea of what I'll be able to do in terms of species and # of inhabitants.

Thanks in advance!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good morning Everyone,

My tank should arrive from waterbox sometime July and I couldn't be more excited. This will be my first reef tank and I'm planning what I'll stock it with. I have a strong preference for utilitarian inhabitants. Truthfully no idea which order I will introduce my fish either. I'm leaning towards the clownfish first. I welcome and encourage all recommendations and suggestions! My current ideas are:

- Ocellaris Clownfish x2
- Lawnmower Blenny x1
- Wrasse (some type) x1
- Tang (some type) x1 (leaning towards Kole or Bristle Tooth Tomni)
- Royal Gamma x1
- Blenny (some type) x1
- Goby (some type) x1
- Some type of schooling fish x (3-6)
- Would I be able to house one of the smaller butterfly fish?
- Typical CUC (shrimp, snails, crabs, etc.)

This list is in no way finalized. Just trying to get an idea of what I'll be able to do in terms of species and # of inhabitants.

Thanks in advance!
To me its whatever is your preference. Most of the fish you're thinking about are pretty small (except the tang) - Butterfly fish tend to do better if they are in a more established tank (or at minimum - eating WELL at the LFS). Royal Gramma and Royal Dottyback are often confused (and some LFS sell Royal Dottybacks as Grammas) - the point - Royal Dottybacks are extremely aggressive (or they can be). Good luck with your choices

OP
OP
DocPalmer

DocPalmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I'll try to update this thread as I go. Or I'll create a build thread (still learning the forum). I appreciate you pointing out the Royals discrepancy. As far as a tang goes - yes I understand it would be the largest inhabitant in the tank and would only plan on 1. Would love to have one. I think they are beautiful fish and love the utility they provide in fighting algae.

Back