Stocking list for 75g

TheShepherdTrio

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had a massive ich out break in our 75 gallon tank over the weekend. We lost one fish but were able to get some of the others into QT, still working on the wrasse and diamond goby, but they’re not showing any signs of ich at the moment.

We originally were going to just break that tank down and get rid of it since we’ve got our 210 up and going. But tonight we’ve had a new idea about going fallow for a long length of time then doing a FOWLR tank. We’ve already pulled most of the coral out and moved it to a frag tank, and will also pull out the inverts. So I’m looking for some suggestions on fish to stock the tank with.

Thanks for any suggestions! (Pictured is what the tank looked like a few months ago)
97B104E0-E6DC-49DC-B5A4-B97273310386.jpeg

MoMoTheMonster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would get a puffer fish, maybe a Black Saddle Pufferfish?

And what about a Coral Beauty or Flame Angel?

Or Pearlscale Butterflyfish or Sunset Butterflyfish?

Tomini Tang

Just a few suggestions! Best of luck with the rebuild!

Bkatz1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am about to set up a Planet 150 FOWLR and im looking at stocking the following: Powder Blue Tang, Purple Tang, Tomini Tang, Regal Angel, Majestic Angel, and a Copperband Butterfly Fish. The other options are Blue Spot Puffer, and Leopard Wrasse. Once the tank is wet, I will go through the stocking order based on aggression and the tangs all going in at once. Not sure how copperbands handle copper in the system but I will cross that bridge when I get to it! Good luck with the FOWLR, I tried to pic fish that were as vibrant as coral seeing as how it will only be live rock. Let the fish to the talking...

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back