Stocking Options For Evo 13.5 Both Fish and Coral

Foggy Pirate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone I’m fairly new here. I have an EVO 13.5 that cycled a month ago and I’m just taking my time making sure i can do water changes and the chemistry stays well. Which iv been successful in that so now I’m looking at what to put in. As an end gold i would love to have 3-4 fish. Maybe somthings like a white possum wrasse, fire fish, watchman goby, and possibly the pairing shrimp. Also i want to keep coral too. I have a hydro wave maker 240 gallons an hour and the stock return pump, along with AI Prime 16HD. I dont want to dive into SPS with this set up. But would love softies and LPS. I like movement however dont want GPS at the moment. Im Thinking maybe things Like BLastomussa, or torch corals, ricordea (floria), maybe mushroom. I still have stuff to look into but I’m curious what is everyone’s advice or tips about what to get and why? Also as far as the fish i gotten some advice to pick the ones i did because they are good with other fish, is there any certain order those should go in, or are they fine to get as the tank matures. Thanks for the help and advice!

image.jpg

duesmortem

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Purple Firefish in my tank and I recently added a Royal Gramma. The Firefish was a bit territorial at first but now they have their own established areas so they are fine. Now when it comes to corals I would recommend adding softies first since they tend to be hardier than some LPS corals. Zoanthids are also a nice starter "coral".

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With a prime over that I see how limitations on what you can add coral wise except the most aggressive guys with long sweepers.

For fish I also started with a firefish and watchmen/shrimp pair. Since then I have added a court jester goby, sexy shrimp and emerald crab. Keep it at 2 fish for a while until you get into good routines.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just keep taking it slow like you are. Also can check liveaquaria.com to get recommended minimum tank sizes for fish.

OP
OP
Foggy Pirate

Foggy Pirate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Purple Firefish in my tank and I recently added a Royal Gramma. The Firefish was a bit territorial at first but now they have their own established areas so they are fine. Now when it comes to corals I would recommend adding softies first since they tend to be hardier than some LPS corals. Zoanthids are also a nice starter "coral".
I agree, however i want to see if i can get a tank looking good and bright without zoanthids as i am waiting an organ transplant and dont want to relay on them with there toxins to have a pretty tank, i know most corals have them but those are one of the more potent ones. So yes less than ideal but I’m pushing away from zoanthids at the Moment.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 130 59.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 28.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 38 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.9%
Back