OP
OP
Stoneys'Reef

Stoneys'Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our Dragon soul torch with it's first split . 1 head becomes 2 . Sorry for the pics . I do not have a filter yet
20200218_184615.jpg

OP
OP
Stoneys'Reef

Stoneys'Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today we recieved our Nyos 220 protein skimmer , torq dock and reactor, L2 ecotech marine return pump and the barb screen combo for the return lines. We are still waiting on the ai refugium light, all of our hd lights and ofcourse the Tank .

OP
OP
Stoneys'Reef

Stoneys'Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I ordered my heater for our new tank and I didn't take the time to really pay attention as I ordered it off the waterbox site and stupidly just assumed it was big enough . Why , ehh i don't know lol but here she is
20200219_123147.jpg

I rarely have my tank under temp due to all the pumps running in our refugium so I do not even have a heater on our 120 ,but with the new waterbox I will be running the vectra L2 and the tank has 2 ports for extra stuff to run off of so I will run the reactor and uv off of that removing 2 pumps and our return pump on the tank we run now is a pretty warm pump . I am thinking that the L2 will run much cooler. So we will most likely need a heater or 2 as I have been reading . Maybe just 1 more of these sicce heaters just the bigger model ? Anyone have a thought ? We will be running an Apex for the first time also . Lots of new learning to come in the future.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I ordered my heater for our new tank and I didn't take the time to really pay attention as I ordered it off the waterbox site and stupidly just assumed it was big enough . Why , ehh i don't know lol but here she is
20200219_123147.jpg

I rarely have my tank under temp due to all the pumps running in our refugium so I do not even have a heater on our 120 ,but with the new waterbox I will be running the vectra L2 and the tank has 2 ports for extra stuff to run off of so I will run the reactor and uv off of that removing 2 pumps and our return pump on the tank we run now is a pretty warm pump . I am thinking that the L2 will run much cooler. So we will most likely need a heater or 2 as I have been reading . Maybe just 1 more of these sicce heaters just the bigger model ? Anyone have a thought ? We will be running an Apex for the first time also . Lots of new learning to come in the future.
I don’t think 10W is gonna cover it. ;Hilarious

OP
OP
Stoneys'Reef

Stoneys'Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SHIPPING DOC SIGNED !!! Today the shipping doc for our tank came in the email ! We are 26 days into our order right now . Not bad. They said the lights are backordered until the end of next week so even if we get the tank there is no lights for the tank or refugium. The lid we ordered from clearview lids is still 2 months from being made which is crazy in my mind. If you put something on your site for sale there should Never be a 77 day turn around on it but what can ya do ? Hurry up and wait . It is all slowly coming together though and we are excited to get it going !

jstephens24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SHIPPING DOC SIGNED !!! Today the shipping doc for our tank came in the email ! We are 26 days into our order right now . Not bad. They said the lights are backordered until the end of next week so even if we get the tank there is no lights for the tank or refugium. The lid we ordered from clearview lids is still 2 months from being made which is crazy in my mind. If you put something on your site for sale there should Never be a 77 day turn around on it but what can ya do ? Hurry up and wait . It is all slowly coming together though and we are excited to get it going !

you ordered at perfect timing haha. I was at 8 weekswhen I got the release Tuesday. Maybe ours will be on same truck. Mine hasn’t been shipped yet

SeaSickness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking forward to hear what you think of the Waterbox. I'm considering getting one, but I've just been hesitant about rimless.
Definitely be following along.

OP
OP
Stoneys'Reef

Stoneys'Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking forward to hear what you think of the Waterbox. I'm considering getting one, but I've just been hesitant about rimless.
Definitely be following along.
I haven't heard any horror stories of the waterbox tanks having problems in that dept . I will definitely keep everyone posted for sure

OP
OP
Stoneys'Reef

Stoneys'Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are still waiting on the tracking number for the tank to show up in the email... it says within 1 to 3 business days but it has been 5 today lol . Anywho the torches are growing and opening more now. I think I need a camera filter or a new phone , this note 8 doesn't fair well with the blue lights or zoom well ? We recieved our refugium light from Ai . Slowly all the pieces are coming together. We picked up our flooring for under the tank yesterday . Exciting :)
Rastas getting big
20200225_192249.jpg

Dragon eyes
20200225_192228.jpg

GOLD branching hammer
20200225_192044.jpg

Toxic green torch
20200225_191804.jpg

Torch town
20200225_192016.jpg

We lost a huge wall hammer over the past week. Not sure why or what happened ? 1 day it was wide open and the next day 1/2 closed and had nasty slime . Next day it was only a skeleton . Never know with corals these days. It only lived in our tank for about a month . Sad .

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are still waiting on the tracking number for the tank to show up in the email... it says within 1 to 3 business days but it has been 5 today lol . Anywho the torches are growing and opening more now. I think I need a camera filter or a new phone , this note 8 doesn't fair well with the blue lights or zoom well ? We recieved our refugium light from Ai . Slowly all the pieces are coming together. We picked up our flooring for under the tank yesterday . Exciting :)
Rastas getting big
20200225_192249.jpg

Dragon eyes
20200225_192228.jpg

GOLD branching hammer
20200225_192044.jpg

Toxic green torch
20200225_191804.jpg

Torch town
20200225_192016.jpg

We lost a huge wall hammer over the past week. Not sure why or what happened ? 1 day it was wide open and the next day 1/2 closed and had nasty slime . Next day it was only a skeleton . Never know with corals these days. It only lived in our tank for about a month . Sad .
That is a bummer. Any urchins?

Back