Stop Gluing and Start Mounting! The No-Glue Frag Mounting System

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Introducing the new patent pending Clutch Clip design by Bob Bittner of Reef Stew & More. We are excited to be a part of this innovative project and cant wait to help bring this to market.

Bob has chosen to work with Vivid Creative Aquatics (VCA), a leader in the Additive Manufacturing space within the aquarium hobby. VCA assisted in the design and will be involved in the manufacturing and marketing of the new Frag Gripper™ and Plant Gripper™. Bob's new Clutch Clip will be made in the same facility where we manufacture the Random Flow Generator Nozzle.

The unique Clutch Clip design provides a new way of mounting corals in your saltwater system or plants in your freshwater system.
To learn more, please visit http://reefstew.com

Additional information and official release date (very soon) will follow.
Clutch-Clip-Design_2946M.jpg

1564534427278.png

1564534446891.png
1564534478882.png

1564534536226.png

1564534549519.png
1564534566151.png

Last edited:

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still have to glue the plug to something????

OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still have to glue the plug to something????
Depending on how you plan on placing it in your tank you would likely have to glue the plug to the rocks.
With that said the Frag Gripper could easily be removed from the ceramic plug.

But you wont need any glue or rubber bands for that freshly cut Softy frag to get it to stay on the frag plug. :)

OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm. Plugs in the tank are ugly and this just seems to add more ugly.
Don't necessarily disagree that plugs in the tank can be unsightly, but the Clutch-clips offers an easy way to mount fresh cut soft coral that has traditional been difficult to do. What's cool is, if you dont like the plug in your tank, you can easly remove the ceramic plug and just as easily "unclip" the coral from the Clutch Clip.

Last edited:

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't necessarily disagree that plugs in the tank can be unsightly, but the Clutch-clips offers an easy way to mount fresh cut soft coral that has traditional been difficult to do. What's cool is, if you dont like the plug in your tank, you can easly remove the ceramic plug and just as easily "unclip" the coral from the Clutch Clip.
That does make sense. Thanks.

OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We finally got an opportunity to shoot quick video that I think really captures the essence of the benefits that FragGripper brings to the table. In fact it's so quick when mounting Soft Corals, you might just miss it :)

Want to try it out for you self? Pick up a 10-pack (or two) at:

If you're in the business of growing/propagating coral and are more interested in buying in bulk - then reach out to Bob Bittner at Reef Stew

tsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How can these be removed from the frag plug once the coral has settled in? Are they re-usable? From what I see, sliding it vertically up is not an option as the coral will break if its diameter is larger than the clutch, and sliding the clutch vertically down is not an option due to the structure of the clutch.

OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How can these be removed from the frag plug once the coral has settled in? Are they re-usable? From what I see, sliding it vertically up is not an option as the coral will break if its diameter is larger than the clutch, and sliding the clutch vertically down is not an option due to the structure of the clutch.

It would depend the what kind of coral you have mounted . For instance, if it's a soft coral you can usually just unclip it, if it has not already grown over the clip.

if it;s a stoney coral, you can usual just, sort of, unscrew it. The ends of the clip are slightly angled like a thread. This will leave a nice clean en that can easly be glued int a rock crevice inside you tank.

if the coral (soft or stoney) encrusted onto the clip you can either leave it clipped or very easily cut the arms of the clip with a set of side snips releasing the coral for the clip with out the usual jarring action that comes form cutting a ceramic plug.

The clip can be re-used if the coral has not encrusted.

fcmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure I would buy them but I love seeing innovation and I hope they are a success which drives more new innovations to the market.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.6%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 32 16.7%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 33 17.2%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 50.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.6%
Back