OP
OP
Stpatrick

Stpatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my 35 gallon extra water volume tank. This also has 6-8" of sand in it to give me the DSB.

OP
OP
Stpatrick

Stpatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My water change station. Mix it, check it, and open the valve. It goes straight into the sump :)

OP
OP
Stpatrick

Stpatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And to my newest addition. I will be setting this up to hold my new frags tank. I have 4 X t5 on top. I need to beef up and support the extra weight. Should be pretty simple.

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for sharing the rest of the tanks system. :)

What kind of macro algae is that in the refugium?

You use a lot of additives; out of the Zeo line, what are the top 3 products in your opinion/experience?

OP
OP
Stpatrick

Stpatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up some new goodies tonight. Dosing made easy. Thanks for the heads up Marc...

OP
OP
Stpatrick

Stpatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for sharing the rest of the tanks system. :)

What kind of macro algae is that in the refugium?

You use a lot of additives; out of the Zeo line, what are the top 3 products in your opinion/experience?

Hey Sahin,

The macro algae is Calurpa. Not sure if I spelled that right. You cant get it any longer on the west coast. My top three KZ products are B-Balance, PIF, and Amino Acids. They just released a product you can simply drop in your sump and forget it. Bets the daily dropper. B-Balance lightens the color of sps. Make reds a nice pink. Aminos just help with growth. And the Potassium Iodide Florid. I also like the flat worm stop. I dont think I have flat worm but it seems to help coral build a stronger base and encrust. I will keep you posted on how well the tabs work.

OP
OP
Stpatrick

Stpatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I checked my big 4 tonight and need to make a couple adjustments. ALK = 7.7. CA = 390. PO4 = .06 and NO3 is still 0. What are your thoughts on alk being between 7&8?

OP
OP
Stpatrick

Stpatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had some issues with my tank as of late. Apparently I let my alk get to low. Maybe even my nutrient's. I notice on one of my STS the tips where dying. I played it off and moved it to my frag tank to keep an eye on it. Then just yesterday I noticed my Poletti's yellow tip started to do the same thing. So I did a water change and then checked my params. CA - 400, ALK - 7, PO4 - 0, NO3 - 2. That's the numbers after a water change. I use TM Pro reef salts. Out of the box there alk is 9 at .025. I am guessing swing was causing the issues. I raise my ALK to around 8.5. Back where I normally ran it. Fingers cross. Here is a picture of my yellow tip. Not so yellow any more :)

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aww man! I hope things stabilize for you soon and the corals rebound quickly.

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks exactly like what I got going on with my Sps.

Back