Strange clownfish behavior

MikeDesjean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

So I have 2 white clowns in their own tank. I have had them for about 1 1/2 months now. They were a little skinny when I got them but I treated them with metro/kanaplex with focus.

everything has been going great with them. Good growth and weight gain. They look really good now.

just today though I went to feed them their frozen mysis and when I poured the thawed shrimp in the littler one started darting full speed back and forth the glass and all around the tank.

I have never seen this behavior out of them before or other pair of mocha in my DT.

just wondering if anyone has any idea of what this behavior would be? I want to try and get ahead of what it is if anything. I don’t want to see the little guy stressed out if I can help him out at all!
Thanks!

29BC4263-01E8-4E71-A639-9506B528B5CE.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hey all,

So I have 2 white clowns in their own tank. I have had them for about 1 1/2 months now. They were a little skinny when I got them but I treated them with metro/kanaplex with focus.

everything has been going great with them. Good growth and weight gain. They look really good now.

just today though I went to feed them their frozen mysis and when I poured the thawed shrimp in the littler one started darting full speed back and forth the glass and all around the tank.

I have never seen this behavior out of them before or other pair of mocha in my DT.

just wondering if anyone has any idea of what this behavior would be? I want to try and get ahead of what it is if anything. I don’t want to see the little guy stressed out if I can help him out at all!
Thanks!

29BC4263-01E8-4E71-A639-9506B528B5CE.jpeg
Often they chase their own reflection. If its eating, breathing rate is not labored and non-lethargic behavior, sounds like a happy fish. They may hang at top of tank inverted.

Concerns would be:
Labored breathing
color fading
not eating
Hazy/milky appearance
Lethargic in nature
twitching
Layiing on bottom

OP
OP
MikeDesjean

MikeDesjean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Often they chase their own reflection. If its eating, breathing rate is not labored and non-lethargic behavior, sounds like a happy fish. They may hang at top of tank inverted.

Concerns would be:
Labored breathing
color fading
not eating
Hazy/milky appearance
Lethargic in nature
twitching
Layiing on bottom
Thanks Vette,
Yea he seems fine besides chasing reflection hard. They eat daily. He ate one or two bites before darting / chasing but other than that, they both always eat.
Appreciate the help!

Back