Strange sleeping spots for fish: what’s your strangest?

squidarcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My YWG got his shrimp to dig a huge cavern right against the front glass, covering up all my frags, and just sleeps there every night. At least I can se him haha

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not an especially wierd place, but my tang and melanurus wrasse sleep together each night. Rather than the sand the wrasse gets in a hole just barely big enough for his 5" and fat body and my powder brown wont leave that entrance practically touching him until he comes out. They go everywhere together.

Calm Blue Ocean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At night my pink streaked wrasse sleeps in the cave that my peppermint shrimps sleep in during the day. So many little spots she could choose but she picks the shrimp cave.

I have a yasha goby that honest to goodness seems afraid of the dark. If I go full lights out on the nano he goes crazy and just whips around the top of the tank, and even jumped out one night (found him in time laying on top of the lid...he fit through 1/8" mesh). So that tank is low blues all night now and he sleeps happily under the edge of the rock in the back of the tank with my other yasha.

Screwgunner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My neon goby is always out on the rocks or swimming with the other fish . But never knew where he sleeps . So I got up early one morning and sure anouph he sleeps in the bottom of my overflow now I worry about him going over . He must know he's been it there for three months and he always comes out. For being so small he is one of the coolest 4fish to watch.

Dbichler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My huma huma used to be able to fit in the hole entirely now he only get half way in. Sleeps here every night.
11A6D124-4EA9-4679-8252-EBC49F0C51A8.jpeg

Low Tech Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When the lights dim, my cleaner wrasse starts to swim in a figure eight pattern around a 1/4" diameter hole in the live rock. Then after about 10 minutes, disappears into it until lights on mid morning.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back