Stripes on jawbreaker baby

Skremk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my mother jawbreaker has been dropping lots of babies, and one of them has stripes on it. It's in the center of the photo below, with whitish stripes radiating from the mouth. The only other mushrooms I have are some interstellar shrooms that are not near these, and I've watched the mother drop all of these babies over the last couple of months, so I'm sure it's from the mother jawbreaker. It's not quite as bright as the other babies next to it, but still fluoresces under atinics. The mushrooms in the photo are all pretty small still, less than 1/2" in diameter. I first noticed it maybe a month ago, and the stripes have been getting more pronounced as the mushroom has gotten bigger. There are about 6 or 7 other babies on the rock, and they all look like normal jawbreakers. Has anyone seen this before?

IMG_8938.jpg

ssunthar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my mother jawbreaker has been dropping lots of babies, and one of them has stripes on it. It's in the center of the photo below, with whitish stripes radiating from the mouth. The only other mushrooms I have are some interstellar shrooms that are not near these, and I've watched the mother drop all of these babies over the last couple of months, so I'm sure it's from the mother jawbreaker. It's not quite as bright as the other babies next to it, but still fluoresces under atinics. The mushrooms in the photo are all pretty small still, less than 1/2" in diameter. I first noticed it maybe a month ago, and the stripes have been getting more pronounced as the mushroom has gotten bigger. There are about 6 or 7 other babies on the rock, and they all look like normal jawbreakers. Has anyone seen this before?

IMG_8938.jpg
Wow... you have a cool jawbreaker baby.

John3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My jawbreaker came as a baby with with streaks like that. As it got more lighting they turned orange.

The person I bought it from said the ones that were white like that usually got very good coloring, which turned out to be true in my case.
9CC0468B-2936-41E3-976A-1623B5653E35.jpeg
DC9E0E0B-525C-429D-98AE-67DA44AADA9C.jpeg

OP
OP
Skremk

Skremk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My jawbreaker came as a baby with with streaks like that. As it got more lighting they turned orange.

The person I bought it from said the ones that were white like that usually got very good coloring, which turned out to be true in my case.

Beautiful mushroom! And thank you for the info. Hopefully mine turns out like that, too.

Edudek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s normal for jawbreaker that’s just how they color up

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 142 60.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 65 27.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 83 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 41 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 63 27.0%
Back