Struggling with next fish to add.

stharper2923

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75 gallon tank with 2 clown, 3 pajama Cardinal. 2 trochus snails, tiger conch and peppermint shrimp. No coral but plan to add at some point. I am struggling with which fish I want to add next. Any suggestions? I was thinking Chromis but read somewhere to not add with clowns. I also would like a coral beauty....

Nemo&Friends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A small wrasse or gobbies. Gobbies would be at the lower level of the tank, as opposed to the cardinal who stay in the middle in my tank.
I have 2 clowns and 7 green chromis. The only fish who created problems when I added my chromis was a four stripe damsel. I put a separation in the tank and place the damsel in the small area. After2 weeks, she escaped back in the tank, but stopped creating problems.
Your tank is big enough to add 2 or 3 small fish. The aggression, if any, from your clown would be divided in 2 or 3, and less of a problem.

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You shouldn't have a problem with the coral beauty as long as you have enough aquascape. Most centropyge species are grazers, and enjoy all-day feedings. You will also have to ensure enough aquascape that the fish don't engage in territorial fighting.

freepizza80

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75 gallon tank with 2 clown, 3 pajama Cardinal. 2 trochus snails, tiger conch and peppermint shrimp. No coral but plan to add at some point. I am struggling with which fish I want to add next. Any suggestions? I was thinking Chromis but read somewhere to not add with clowns. I also would like a coral beauty....
IF you plan to add corals in the future then don't add any angels. Like others mentioned, a tang is pretty much a must along with some small wrasse that will eat pests. Sixline may be too aggressive in 75 gallons but if you have a nice lid, get a yellow coris wrasse or a female melanurus.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back