Stuart's 1.5 Gallon Pico Build!

Should this be bare bottom or not? (remember I'm counting on the community to create this tank)

• Total voters

Stuartmercer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's going on everyone!!! I'm excited to announce that I will be doing my first build thread for a 1.5-gallon pico! It will be fitted with a custom stand (with a sump) and hopefully some beautiful corals! The aquarium itself, (although I forgot the brand) is a bow front acrylic tank. I posted about this earlier in my post about my new nem and so I'm excited to get this started within the next couple days. For now, I have to clean the aquarium, work on an aquascape, and start the planning for the stand (I will be showing designs for those who are interested). I will try to post regular updates on it for interested people. But now, I have a few questions for you guys:

- What corals should I keep? zoas, acans, chalices, frogspawn, torches?
- Any tips on building a stand (never done it before)?
- What do you guys want to see with this? (EX: GSP background)

I want to make this sort of a community tank where you guys, not just me, decide on what I should do with this, so feed me suggestions and expect a lot of polls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

H3rm1tCr@b

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm excited to see where this goes. A GSP wall would be epic, but it might completely take over. But who said having a tank that looks like a prairie is bad??? I'd say to get a bumblebee shrimp and a pom pom crab. Maybe a rock flower anemone or two also.

OP
OP
Stuartmercer

Stuartmercer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What volume is the sump? That would potentially change a lot about this build!
well, the stand I will be making will be 1" or 1.5" wider/longer than the aquarium. So the volume of the sump won't be that large because it has to go underneath the stand, so possibly only a gallon. If I can find one that is tall than maybe 2 gallons more, but the sump will most likely only add about 1 gallon more of volume.

OP
OP
Stuartmercer

Stuartmercer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm excited to see where this goes. A GSP wall would be epic, but it might completely take over. But who said having a tank that looks like a prairie is bad??? I'd say to get a bumblebee shrimp and a pom pom crab. Maybe a rock flower anemone or two also.
Yeah I think a GSP wall would be cool but would be difficult to manage, but I'm willing to take challenge. Ive never had rock flowers before, only bubble tips and carpets so it would be fun to try one!

OP
OP
Stuartmercer

Stuartmercer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aight this is the aquarium, its in the process of getting ride of gunk n stuff. Ill start working on some aquascapes for it once its clean.
20201006_151641.jpg
20201006_151941.jpg

OP
OP
Stuartmercer

Stuartmercer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alrighty, the tank has been cleaned. Now its your turn, which one of the 4 aquascapes do you guys like?

A)
20201006_160319.jpg

B)
20201006_160507_HDR.jpg

C)
20201006_161557.jpg

D)
20201006_161940.jpg

Feel free to give me feedback and what you would improve on the one you like!

OP
OP
Stuartmercer

Stuartmercer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well guys, today I woke up with a sore throat which had evolved itself from a little tickle in my throat from the day before. As I'm in high school and I'm in construction class, I was counting on that so I could build my stand. Unfortunately, I have to get tested (even though its most definitely a cold) until I can go back to school and start working. For now, the project is kind of stalled so I will be making some polls for livestock ideas, cuc ideas, coral ideas, etc. Of course, I will be posting the final result for the aquascapes and start working on a sump but that could be stalled as well depending on if I need anything from the city (but i can't leave my home until I get tested so...)

Back