Stuff finds its way into our tanks

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its inevitable, good, bad, indifferent, it will somehow find it's way into your tank.

I have always like keyhole limpets, I have always thought they were cool little critters along with chitons.

I wondered not too long ago if I would ever get them as a hitchhiker. Well this morning I was checking my overflow box which I rarely check and low behold, I have a small army of keyholes living in the overflow and nowhere else in the tank that I can see and I mean a lot of them there must be close to 30 or so in there.
20220525_104638.jpg
20220525_104734.jpg

I can't believe I haven't seen them before today lol

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yah ! I know pleasant surprises are cool , I’m still waiting for fish poop to turn into gold lol!!!
Speaking of gold were you able to order the peppermint shrimp or did you go in a different direction ? Wasn’t sure if they were in stock !.

OP
OP
G Santana

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yah ! I know pleasant surprises are cool , I’m still waiting for fish poop to turn into gold lol!!!
Speaking of gold were you able to order the peppermint shrimp or did you go in a different direction ? Wasn’t sure if they were in stock !.
I'll be looking into your suggestions today, been a bit busy.
I'll let you know

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m still awaiting my dream and “last” hitchhiker to face, this guy
Looking Coral Reef GIF by Monterey Bay Aquarium

All jokes aside, I love it when I get a new hitch hiker and didn’t dip my newest SPS on purpose and actually dont plan on dipping SPS anytime soon (My hopes to find a hitchhiking bryaninops goby is still there). I’d also love to get a hitchhiking snail or limpet as I have never come across one over here.

Back