Sucess if keeping coralivorous b/f in reef setting

Tdog4413

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone out there had sucess with a b/f like bennetts, melon, ornate before and if so did you keep it in a reef environment? I currently have a Bennett's b/f and is fat and healthy. He's in with coral but since adapting to aquarium fare eats that over coral. Also have maintained a melon which I got rid of to lfs (to aggressive killed 3 pakistans) and triangle on clams and a recipe I make that it a specific for fish like this. Have I just been lucky you think or is there a chance I may have stumbled on a way to keep these fish

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
There are corals that will work but requiring research to assure compatibility

OP
OP
T

Tdog4413

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just my larvatus yesterday from tsm aquatics. In great shape. They told me that they didn't really see it ever feed but within a few hours I got it eating a recipe that I smear on a poc. Coral Skelton. You also see a very healthy Bennett's that I have had for a while now. I don't know how it will turn out but everything is great at moment.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Looks like butterfly is going to work on corals

OP
OP
T

Tdog4413

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here Is 1 of the tricks I do to get b/f eating. Yes there is a live stylopora coral but right next to it is a dead poc. coral. It begins eating on live but also is eating on the coral smeared with a paste I make. Then it just starts eating on both. I move the live coral away and all is left is the dead skeleton. It now knows that area has food. I do this about 4-5x day. That is how I have successfully kept Bennett's, melon, eastern triangle, and now I'm attempting a larvatus. I lost my triangle due to a loose piece of live rock smashing him during a cleaning and got rid of the melon due to it becoming EXTREMELY AGGRESSIVE.

awwinterfall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you get them? I've been looking and no one can get them.

Anyone out there had sucess with a b/f like bennetts, melon, ornate before and if so did you keep it in a reef environment? I currently have a Bennett's b/f and is fat and healthy. He's in with coral but since adapting to aquarium fare eats that over coral. Also have maintained a melon which I got rid of to lfs (to aggressive killed 3 pakistans) and triangle on clams and a recipe I make that it a specific for fish like this. Have I just been lucky you think or is there a chance I may have stumbled on a way to keep these fish

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What does your paste food consist of? How do you make it a consistency to stick to the dead coral head?

OP
OP
T

Tdog4413

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does your paste food consist of? How do you make it a consistency to stick to the dead coral head?
The base is masstick. I'm sorry I won't say what the rest is as I'm trying to market it

OP
OP
T

Tdog4413

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It maybe ine of the first foods that
As to me getting and acclimating that would be something for me to consider. Do you live close to Cincinnati. It's just shipping is outrageous right now. An overnight package would be close to 100$ as I'm not a vendor. However if you are close to Cincinnati (I actually live in ky) that would be a lot more doable.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back