Suggested retail price of versa gone up to $199.99?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

fishmonkey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gas was under a dollar several years ago. Why was everything not 1/4 the price? This has something else going on to it as well is all I’m saying. Certain companies are taking advantage and others not simply buy from where you see fit.
Well I don’t think it’s a direct correlation. There’s a lot of factors. Inflation and the global supply chain and what not. But I would agree that most of the price increase is probably just because they can and expect people will pay for it. At the end of the day only they know the real reasons why.

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Are these the new and improved pumps? I know versas had a rough rollout with issues. Maybe they fixed the problems and increased the price to cover the expenses.

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What response would people want well let’s see it was already the most over priced product on the market and no other product has increased. Take tunze for example they have been in business longer and offer a better warranty. As for supply issues the echo tech line is the only product that hasn’t seem to have a supply issue it’s always in stock . I had to wait 2 months for a 6095 to come back into stock

No other product has increased in price?

What about GHL and Apex?

And you mention Tunze, have you seen the current price of the osmolator?

Almost everything has gone up in price and it’s only going to get worse.

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gas was under a dollar several years ago.
Gas was under a dollar for about 3 days, two years ago (right about the same time a million people in the US lost their jobs). Not even long enough to make a noticeable change to yearly or monthly average. They haven't been regularly under a dollar for 30 years.

Dbichler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gas was under a dollar for about 3 days, two years ago (right about the same time a million people in the US lost their jobs). Not even long enough to make a noticeable change to yearly or monthly average. They haven't been regularly under a dollar for 30 years.
Point was gas prices constantly change typically between 2-4$ this isn’t what’s driving the increase. If we’re going by average then they shouldn’t have gone up at all yet.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gas was under a dollar several years ago. Why was everything not 1/4 the price? This has something else going on to it as well is all I’m saying. Certain companies are taking advantage and others not simply buy from where you see fit.
Companies across the Globe no longer set prices based on cost plus a fixed profit. It's all set by Costs + what they think you will pay.

For example I saw a newly released HVAC 12CFM Vacuum Pump put up for sale on Amazon for $899. It stayed at that price for one month and there was zero reviews. The next month it dropped to $799 and still no reviews. By the third month it was $699 and within two weeks a few reviews started to trickle in. The price has since remained at $699. I am pretty sure they are making a hefty profit but they just had to see if they could get away with making even more.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back