Suggestions for a fish that roams around the tank (50 gallon) and doesn't hide all the time

maxpare79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

My current roster is
1x Purple Firefish
1x Royal Gramma
2x Ocelaris clownfish
1x Coral Beauty
1x Wheeler Goby

In my current roster, pretty much only the Coral beauty swims around, the 2 Ocelaris hug the corner of my tank (no anemone and only one tiny torch so far), my firefish keeps to his cave, so does the gramma, and the Goby is being a Goby lol.

Any suggestions for a fish that would be cool to watch that would swim around the tank as much as the Coral beauty?

I find my tank really missing movement, I don't have many corals yet but it will come.

Montiman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anthias and wrasses would both be great! While it is controversial I would also add a small tang. Probably a bristletooth of some kind.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Azure damsel
sailfin tang? (tank size not mentioned)
flame angel

ReefSapper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flasher wrasse, Kole Tang (tang police might come for you but 50 g is right on the edge...i have 1 in a 50g cube) those are my 2 most active.

Corgigirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My blenny is out all the time swimming about...he’s a forktail blenny. Here’s a pic. Not the best, but he doesn’t like to sit still. Except when he’s sleeping wedged in under my frag rack looking like a corpse. It was unnerving first time I saw that, lol.
I had a Midas blenny previously, lost him to velvet :(. Also had a great personality
9E50F875-600D-47DD-A79E-C450F8C41B54.jpeg
04129180-7474-4354-BAB5-93EFB4A08BC6.jpeg

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 56 gallon column tank and I have pajama cardinal fish that never hide although they hover more than swim. I have a tomini tang who swims all the time and yellow tail damsel's that also swim a lot. I had a midas blenny that was beautiful that swam around a lot and looked cool as he did it.

OP
OP
M

maxpare79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright thanks for all the great suggestions, it will be good to add some life to the tank!

MPrz59

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

My current roster is
1x Purple Firefish
1x Royal Gramma
2x Ocelaris clownfish
1x Coral Beauty
1x Wheeler Goby

In my current roster, pretty much only the Coral beauty swims around, the 2 Ocelaris hug the corner of my tank (no anemone and only one tiny torch so far), my firefish keeps to his cave, so does the gramma, and the Goby is being a Goby lol.

Any suggestions for a fish that would be cool to watch that would swim around the tank as much as the Coral beauty?

I find my tank really missing movement, I don't have many corals yet but it will come.
If your up for the care id recommend a Mandarin Goby/Dragonette. Mine spends all day hunting for pods.

Baneston

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second the fairy or flasher wrasse suggestion. McCosker's wrasse in particular are beautiful and affordable. They do need to be fed multiple times per day though (this goes for most wrasses).
mc1-1280x720.jpg
How does that affect your water?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back