Suggestions for Compatible Fish in a 375 Gal FOWLR

RealWorld

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I’m considering adding several new fish to my 5-yr old 375 Gal FOWLR tank and was hoping to get some expert opinions about potential candidates that would be compatible with the existing species, given their size. In the order of oldest (first introduced) to youngest (last introduced ):

1) 8-in. Frmosa Wrasse
2) 8-in. Naso Tang
2) 3-foot snow flake eel
3) 6-in Squirrel fish
4) 6-in adult Emperor Angel (had him since Juvie)
5) 5-in Fox Face
6) 5-in blue bird wrasse
7) Three large (3”) blue chromes
8) one lyertale anthias (2.5”)

I have attached a couple of picture showing the entire group. Thanks for your suggestions.
John

EAAA80ED-3F5A-4614-94AB-6620F538FBB8.jpeg 2601496A-90A9-44AC-972D-2DCFED760DB5.jpeg

OP
OP
RealWorld

RealWorld

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d get another 8x Lyretail’s to start. Anthias really help FOWLR’s pop. Seem to make the larger fish more comfortable too…..
Great suggestion, thanks. I do have one lyertail in there now. I wonder if I can mix in other types of a anthias, like arrowhead anthias?

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
all the suggestion above are great. here is a few more.

box./cow fish ( you need to understand the risks tho)
H. tusk
a dwarf angel or two
a small school of fire fish
achillies tang

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a 375 I would look for another big colorful centerpiece fish. Since you already have the emperor my vote would be for a queen angel!

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the dimensions of the tank...?

How many Chromis and Lyre-tail Anthias did you start out with (or add, or lose)...?

OP
OP
RealWorld

RealWorld

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the dimensions of the tank...?

How many Chromis and Lyre-tail Anthias did you start out with (or add, or lose)...?
I had a school of 12 chromies at one time but I’m down to 3 now. I feed the eel chopped off shrimp once a week, but I guess sometimes he gets hungry sooner.

OP
OP
RealWorld

RealWorld

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a 375 I would look for another big colorful centerpiece fish. Since you already have the emperor my vote would be for a queen angel!
That’s a great suggestion. I had the emperor since he/she was a juvenile It was fun watching him/her grow to adult patterns over the last 2 yrs. He’s still growing.

I don’t think I can get a juvenile queen angel because of the brown emperor. Hard to find a brown queen angel at my LFS.

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a great suggestion. I had the emperor since he/she was a juvenile It was fun watching him/her grow to adult patterns over the last 2 yrs. He’s still growing.

I don’t think I can get a juvenile queen angel because of the brown emperor. Hard to find a brown queen angel at my LFS.
Emperor is pomancanthus the queen is a holoncanthus they should be fine I have both in my tank right now and it’s only a 180 gallon. They’ll both be going into my 8’x3’x2’ in the next 6 months hopefully!

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imo butterfly fish are a great choice. So many beautiful fish that you don't normally see in reef tanks

Hogfish?

OP
OP
RealWorld

RealWorld

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Emperor is pomancanthus the queen is a holoncanthus they should be fine I have both in my tank right now and it’s only a 180 gallon. They’ll both be going into my 8’x3’x2’ in the next 6 months hopefully!
That’s good to know. I’ll definitely look into the Queen Angel suggestion. I did have a Majestic Angel in there of comparable size to the emperor, but the emperor terrorized him constantly so I had to move the Majestic to another smaller tank (60gal) I have.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 34.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back