Suggestions for fish and coral foods for Triton Method

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Motts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does Triton recommend or suggest any particular foods to be used for Triton method?

I am currently using frozen Myssis for one feeding and LRS reef Frenzy for the second both washed and rinsed with ro water daily. Also dosing phyto once a week and target feeding reefroids once a month. any suggestions or recommendations would be much appreciated.

Psymon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Afaik Triton don't recommend any feeding schedule. They tell you don't need to feed your corals either, I do anyway.
I feed 3-6 times a day, about a cube of something, from beef heart, mysis, Artemia, phyto food, even gold pods.

OP
OP
Motts

Motts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Afaik Triton don't recommend any feeding schedule. They tell you don't need to feed your corals either, I do anyway.
I feed 3-6 times a day, about a cube of something, from beef heart, mysis, Artemia, phyto food, even gold pods.
TY for the input appreciate it

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, Triton doesn't feed their coral?
Nope, not directly, fish waste and "foods" grown/released from the refugium feed the corals. There is a caveat though, depending on your stock for example if you have a mixed reef you may find that running the nutrients to favour the SPS may result in you needing to additionally "feed" LPS if a balance cannot be struck. Your corals will let you know though!

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope, not directly, fish waste and "foods" grown/released from the refugium feed the corals. There is a caveat though, depending on your stock for example if you have a mixed reef you may find that running the nutrients to favour the SPS may result in you needing to additionally "feed" LPS if a balance cannot be struck. Your corals will let you know though!

I'm all for not feeding the coral. As long as they get some food to grow.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back