Suggestions for HoB Protein Skimmers?

Jrenzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

New to the hobby, been at it for about 3 months now and recently converted my 25g planted tank to a saltwater tank. I was looking at some suggestions for a hang-on-the-back protein skimmer, I've been looking at different articles for suggestions but when I go look at the skimmers the recent reviews are pretty bad.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what they use or recommend for a 25g tank? Or if I would even need one? Still new and learning every day, any help would be apprecaited! Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 32 gallon and I got myself an aquamaxx 1.5 a few months ago, I love it, its the best skimmer I've ever had. Its kind of pricy, but the performance makes me feel like I got my money's worth. I picked this one based on the online reviews, it seems to have excellent reviews.

sean5215

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Octopus HOB Classic 1000 series. I've used RO Classic 1000 HOB and the aquamaxx hob. I bought the aquamaxx (based on reviews) after running the RO on a 40 breeder for 5 years and regretted my decision everyday. Reef Octo's in general seem to be the best bang for the $$.

StPatrick89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 32 gallon and I got myself an aquamaxx 1.5 a few months ago, I love it, its the best skimmer I've ever had. Its kind of pricy, but the performance makes me feel like I got my money's worth. I picked this one based on the online reviews, it seems to have excellent reviews.
What’s the noise volume like?

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 146 61.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 66 27.6%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 84 35.1%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 42 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 65 27.2%
Back