Suggestions for peninsula light mount

Adele

I don't sing
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
After relentless searching is there any light mounting options for a peninsula (72”) for Kessil’s out there?I have the 360x and older 360we. 2 of each.
the DIY I’ve made to hang from the ceiling isn’t turning out the best and the prospect of hanging it from the ceiling seems even messier. Wall attached arm mount is not possible at this time in my build. I would really like to just have something mounted to each end of the tank and be done. All of the rails I see on the market appear specific to only other light brands. If there is a work around with one of these other brands that can be modified to mount my Kessils that would be great.

AS

Eagle_Steve

To many tanks!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
After relentless searching is there any light mounting options for a peninsula (72”) for Kessil’s out there?I have the 360x and older 360we. 2 of each.
the DIY I’ve made to hang from the ceiling isn’t turning out the best and the prospect of hanging it from the ceiling seems even messier. Wall attached arm mount is not possible at this time in my build. I would really like to just have something mounted to each end of the tank and be done. All of the rails I see on the market appear specific to only other light brands. If there is a work around with one of these other brands that can be modified to mount my Kessils that would be great.
80/20 made into a fixture to hang from ceiling and use the brackets for kessils to be mounted in an aquatic life hybrid fixture. This can also be done so the end result sits on the tank, if needed.

80/20 can be made to look really good and you can even get inserts for it to allow it to be skinned with anything that matches your decor and to hide the lights, wires and all of that.

OP
Adele

Adele

I don't sing
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
80/20 made into a fixture to hang from ceiling and use the brackets for kessils to be mounted in an aquatic life hybrid fixture. This can also be done so the end result sits on the tank, if needed.

80/20 can be made to look really good and you can even get inserts for it to allow it to be skinned with anything that matches your decor and to hide the lights, wires and all of that.
Thanks for the info. Can you elaborate on this 80/20 thing? I’m not following what you mean here. Any pics?

Eagle_Steve

To many tanks!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Thanks for the info. Can you elaborate on this 80/20 thing? I’m not following what you mean here. Any pics?
I do not have any pics, as I haven’t used it in a while, but let me dig up some stuff for ya.

Eagle_Steve

To many tanks!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Here is a thread with a few ideas and let’s you see what it is. The way it is made allows for an almost never ending path of creativity. You can put it all tighter with easy to use hardware, get inserts that allow wood or other things to screed to it, leave it as is for a cool look, etc

RAP
OP
Adele

Adele

I don't sing
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Here is a thread with a few ideas and let’s you see what it is. The way it is made allows for an almost never ending path of creativity. You can put it all tighter with easy to use hardware, get inserts that allow wood or other things to screed to it, leave it as is for a cool look, etc

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. This will give me some more options to explore.

Eagle_Steve

To many tanks!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. This will give me some more options to explore.
Not a problem. Once you decide what to do, be sure to make a post about it and go through what you did. Stuff like that will help others who might run into the same issue.

When is the last time you purchased cleanup crew critters?

• Past few days

Votes: 60 12.1%
  • Past few weeks

Votes: 134 27.0%
  • Past few months

Votes: 161 32.4%
  • Over a half a year

Votes: 70 14.1%
  • Over a year ago

Votes: 68 13.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 0.8%