Suggestions for photos of shrimp larva

Carolyn's Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all!

I am wanting to document my shrimp breeding process. But my phone is just not cutting it! I don't know where to start.

My boyfriend purchased me a Nikon Digital Camera d3500. But don't know if I should buy lenses for this or pick up a better camera.

The shrimp are now 2 weeks old. YAY! But they still are SOO TINY!

What camera/macro lens/ would you suggest?

Carolyn

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll need a macro lense most probably a 60mm nikon macro lens would be better than tanron 90 or nikon 105 as you'll need to focus very close.
Extension tubes will help u focus closer but distance to object will be very limited and DOF will be challenging.
I got lucky with these shots if shrimps fry, with extension tubes over a 50mm 1.4 lense but focusing was very challenging.

OP
OP
Carolyn's Corals

Carolyn's Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll need a macro lense most probably a 60mm nikon macro lens would be better than tanron 90 or nikon 105 as you'll need to focus very close.
Extension tubes will help u focus closer but distance to object will be very limited and DOF will be challenging.
I got lucky with these shots if shrimps fry, with extension tubes over a 50mm 1.4 lense but focusing was very challenging.

Thank you so much!! I am looking those up right now! Your pictures were AWESOME!

Back