Suggestions on lighting for ritteri anemone

mistergray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a ritteri anemone in a 32 Biocube LED. It’s on live rock about 8” from the light. It appears happy with the flow and lighting currently but I’d like to get ahead of the curve.

- Is the biocube 32 LED lighting sufficient?
- Anyone have a ritteri in a biocube LED currently and did you upgrade your lighting? If so, what did you upgrade to?
- Any ideas of lighting I can add to the tank without modifying the cover or without removing the hood?
- Is there any regimen of things you add to your water specifically for the health of your ritteri? If so, what do you add and how often?

Any other ritteri gems would be appreciated.

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a ritteri anemone in a 32 Biocube LED. It’s on live rock about 8” from the light. It appears happy with the flow and lighting currently but I’d like to get ahead of the curve.

- Is the biocube 32 LED lighting sufficient?
- Anyone have a ritteri in a biocube LED currently and did you upgrade your lighting? If so, what did you upgrade to?
- Any ideas of lighting I can add to the tank without modifying the cover or without removing the hood?
- Is there any regimen of things you add to your water specifically for the health of your ritteri? If so, what do you add and how often?

Any other ritteri gems would be appreciated.
It should be fine 8” from the light so long as it’s not in one of the corners. From what I’ve seen, the par at that depth in the middle on the 32g biocube is at least 150 (and IIRC, it’s like 250 right in the middle). If you search on YouTube for ‘32g deathcube’, there’s a guy with a stock biocube that tests the par, and it’s pretty surprising how decent it is. If you want to upgrade, you can, but it’s not necessary and will likely mean going topless (which means an ATO will be necessary as well as a lid).

Upvote 0

Squidmotron

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The main struggle with them is they ship poorly. Read about treating them for infection after they ship.

Once established they seem indestructible and mine has been alive for 6 years.

I use Radion lighting. I don’t feed mine and it is inhabited by Osc. clowns who lay eggs near its base.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mistergray

mistergray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should be fine 8” from the light so long as it’s not in one of the corners. From what I’ve seen, the par at that depth in the middle on the 32g biocube is at least 150 (and IIRC, it’s like 250 right in the middle). If you search on YouTube for ‘32g deathcube’, there’s a guy with a stock biocube that tests the par, and it’s pretty surprising how decent it is. If you want to upgrade, you can, but it’s not necessary and will likely mean going topless (which means an ATO will be necessary as well as a lid).
I definitely don’t want to upgrade if I don’t have to. I’m glad to hear the info you provided! Do you have a ritteri?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mistergray

mistergray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The main struggle with them is they ship poorly. Read about treating them for infection after they ship.

Once established they seem indestructible and mine has been alive for 6 years.

I use Radion lighting. I don’t feed mine and it is inhabited by Osc. clowns who lay eggs near its base.
I’ve heard several mention they don’t feed there’s either. And photosynthesis is enough or do your clowns help feed it?

Upvote 0

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 76 38.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 68 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.5%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back