Sump Aeration. Multi-Venturi Aerator by GrowGreenie

aquatimeFL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to share a new method for achieving high dissolved oxygen levels in aquarium sumps. This Multi-Venturi is extremely quiet compared to a traditional venturi getting rid of the loud suction sound. For those Aquarists who struggle to achieve high dissolved oxygen levels or who are tired of noisy splashing waterfalls and vibrating air pumps. Utilize the plumbing off of a sump pump or use a dedicated small internal circulation pump. This Multi -Venturi can move anywhere from 2 - 6 L/min of air into your water column depending on the flow of water you provide it. Air stones need constant cleaning since they grow algae and require noisy vibrating air pumps. It's powered by the clean filtered water in your Sump so it wont ever clog. You wont get bubbles or microbubbles in your aquarium if you place it before a bubble trap for crystal clear water. Internal testing data shows the Multi-Venturi achieves the highest dissolved oxygen levels out of the many common methods used. Wavemakers, large air stones or waterfalls delivered much lower dissolved oxygen levels. If you only use water surface agitation then this will transform your aquariums fish, coral, plant life, micro organisms and bacteria. The benefits of having high dissolved oxygenation levels are countless. If you are interested in learning about the Multi-Venturi and how it can benefit a Sump please visit www.growgreenie.com

Oxygenate quietly with the Multi-Venturi injector by Grow Greenie

OP
OP
A

aquatimeFL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if this would work to attach to the output of my UV sterilizer? I've already got a separate pump running it and this looks like I could just attach it to the end of the hose.
All it need is water pressure. connects with a 1/2" NPT thread or a 5/8" hose or a 3/4" hose needs minimum 200 GPH pump

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All it need is water pressure. connects with a 1/2" NPT thread or a 5/8" hose or a 3/4" hose needs minimum 200 GPH pump
I like the idea of boosting my oxygenation without any extra gear. Definitely worth checking into.

Morpheosz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is timely as I was looking for a way to attempt to better aerate my tank to lower CO2 / raise pH. I am hoping to figure out how to contain such aeration similar to a protein skimmer so I don't have salt creep all over the sump. Has anyone come up with a device or DIY solution for "contained aeration" in the sump that is not a protein skimmer? (I do have a skimmer, but I want to add more aeration without further stripping my already ultra low nutrients)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back