Sump noise in refugium overflow for 220.6

RonS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey team,

I'm finally getting my shiny new 220.6 up and running. It is full of RO/DI at this point, testing out the pump and such, trying to make sure I'm ready for salt and rock and cycling.

One thing I notice is that the water overflowing from the refugium compartment to the skimmer chamber makes a lot of noise. Has anyone worked out a way to silence it? I am currently running with the doors off to make setup easier but I expect it will still be noisy with the doors back on.

Thanks!

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey team,

I'm finally getting my shiny new 220.6 up and running. It is full of RO/DI at this point, testing out the pump and such, trying to make sure I'm ready for salt and rock and cycling.

One thing I notice is that the water overflowing from the refugium compartment to the skimmer chamber makes a lot of noise. Has anyone worked out a way to silence it? I am currently running with the doors off to make setup easier but I expect it will still be noisy with the doors back on.

Thanks!

It’s actually one of the things I dislike the most about this tank. What I’ve done is raise the divider slightly so that some water is going under and through the teeth. It makes a big difference.

thewedge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s actually one of the things I dislike the most about this tank. What I’ve done is raise the divider slightly so that some water is going under and through the teeth. It makes a big difference.
Hi. Just wondering how this has worked out. It's the only disappointment I had when I got my Waterbox 180.5. I was planning on using the fuge section to cultivate pods. I made it a day with the baffle in place and had to take it out because I couldn't stand the noise. Without that and since I got a sock silencer, the tank is very quiet.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.0%
Back