Sump pump question.

mwilliams1000rr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a 30g biocube that is doing very well. I’m also in the process of building a 75g system. Now for my 75g build, the items I currently have are:
75g display tank
40g breeder for sump tank
RSK300 reefer internal skimmer
Reefmat 500 fleece filter.
My plan is to also include a UV sterilizer and all 1” piping for the plumbing. I will also be including a manifold for possible future additions. Now my main questions are: is it better to run K1 or a refugium or both? What type/size pump(s) will I need? Other than what I already have, anything else I might want to consider for filtration? As this is a build that I’m planning to work on over the course of a year, I’m in no rush. My end goal is to minimize water changes. Not eliminate. I also have my own RODI filter system and make my own saltwater with testing equipment. Thank you.

Mikey-D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I planned my 40b with a 34 trition sump using a fiji animal bean overflow and have a red ragon for return with 1" piping. Mine is all on paper and parts sitting in my living room awaiting my return. I bought for the purpose of upgrading but will start with a 40b. But everything I have rated could be used on a 75g

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back