Sump with large fuge for 210g

ShepherdTech

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have an eshopps R300 refugium sump and not only is the fuge too small for my liking, but the skimmer chamber is too small for the things I have in it, really tight. I plan to replace it with something else and have been looking at the Shnergy TS-48 and TS-60. Is anyone running either of these with their 180+ tanks? I’m not aware of any disadvantages of running a larger than standard sized sump, except for space. Welcome any input, thanks!!!

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It might be wise to custom build one with a baffle kit. This could let you chose the size you want. Do you run a skimmer?

OP
OP
ShepherdTech

ShepherdTech

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It might be wise to custom build one with a baffle kit. This could let you chose the size you want. Do you run a skimmer?
I do run a skimmer. I’m not sure I want to have a huge glass tank under my stand though and expect that would be even more noisy as well. My current sump is already loud enough.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do run a skimmer. I’m not sure I want to have a huge glass tank under my stand though and expect that would be even more noisy as well. My current sump is already loud enough.

Ah. The reason I asked about the skimmer is that I actually just use the skimmer chamber of mine for the refugium since its larger and I don't need a skimmer. And for downsides of a larger sump, I don't see any :) ! I really think sump choice is personal preference. If it fits everything you want, then I say go for it

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.3%
Back