Sunset Wrasse - Thalassoma lutescens

Carl Cardarelli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can he live in a crush coral bottom instead of sand bottom in my Aquarium?
Thanks for the input

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thalassoma do need sand. They also get pretty big and aggressive for most of our tanks. Fairy wrasses don't need sand, and there are lots of good choices there, even some bigger ones.

OP
OP
C

Carl Cardarelli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thalassoma do need sand. They also get pretty big and aggressive for most of our tanks. Fairy wrasses don't need sand, and there are lots of good choices there, even some bigger ones.
Which are the larger ones thank you

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which are the larger ones thank you
Check out list chart: https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/cirrhilabrus-complexes-inferiority-need-not-apply-1st-revision.352/

This has the fairy wrasses by closely related complexes. The Cyanopleura group is a good place to look for bigger ones. Some of those are fairly common too. Generally, the ones with bigger tank size recommendations and more aggressive behavior are bigger. I would add that you don't want the Scott's or filamentosus group unless you have a big tank.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out list chart: https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/cirrhilabrus-complexes-inferiority-need-not-apply-1st-revision.352/

This has the fairy wrasses by closely related complexes. The Cyanopleura group is a good place to look for bigger ones. Some of those are fairly common too. Generally, the ones with bigger tank size recommendations and more aggressive behavior are bigger. I would add that you don't want the Scott's or filamentosus group unless you have a big tank.

A really BIG tank....or as the only wrasse.

Agree with cyanopleura complex. C. ryukyuensis and C. luteovittitus get big. C. temminckii also get's big but is a little on the aggressive side.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 76 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back