SURVEY RESULTS ARE IN: 14-Day Livestock Guarantee Will Be Included on ALL Livestock

j.falk

View Badges
Reaction score
Even following the steps for only live arrival doesn't bring it down to $37.99. Am I missing something?

Screen Shot 2019-10-25 at 7.46.29 AM.png

Last edited:

jschultzbass

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I was looking for some leather coral and found what I was looking for. On the main page it says it is $37.99 but when I click on the item page the price jumps up to $68.99?

Screen Shot 2019-10-25 at 5.09.29 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-10-25 at 5.09.41 AM.png
It says starting at $37.99 so from what I've seen on the site there is a size smaller than the "small" listed there that is that price but it is out of stock at the moment so isn't listed.

OP
AquaLocker

AquaLocker

AquaLocker.com
View Badges
Reaction score
so if it's DOA or dies right away you can get refund to CC, but if it dies after that first 2 hours it's store credit? just making sure i have it right

very nice changes btw, i'll be buying here in the future based on these changes

and can you guys get some rollands damsels in cmon now!
Yes, if the livestock item arrives DOA and is less than $199 in value (and you report it as directed within the 2-hour window) we can refund your card instead of a store credit. Otherwise, it will be issued as a store credit.

j.falk

View Badges
Reaction score
It says starting at $37.99 so from what I've seen on the site there is a size smaller than the "small" listed there that is that price but it is out of stock at the moment so isn't listed.
@jschultzbass is correct. Size Tiny is $37.99, but that size is now sold out.
That makes sense...although it would be more helpful if it clearly stated that specific size/price and sold out next to it to avoid any future confusion.

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Yes, if the livestock item arrives DOA and is less than $199 in value (and you report it as directed within the 2-hour window) we can refund your card instead of a store credit. Otherwise, it will be issued as a store credit.
I keep seeing stipulation after stipulation.
No free shipping at $99 if you choose arrive alive only option.

Now in order to receive credit to card instead of store credit the item that is doa must cost less than $199.

Pricing on expert only items increased to the amount of fish plus what the 14 day guarantee used to be so in essence its still charging for the 14 day guarantee. Example: I looked at Moorish idols before the site update and they were priced at $123. After the site updated the same exact fish from the same location of the same size is now $197.99.

I was looking forward to the changes that were taking place but I am not liking the implementation and added stipulations.

Last edited:
OP
AquaLocker

AquaLocker

AquaLocker.com
View Badges
Reaction score
I keep seeing stipulation after stipulation.
No free shipping at $99 if you choose arrive alive only option.

Now in order to receive credit to card instead of store credit the item that is doa must cost less than $199.

Pricing on expert only items increased to the amount of fish plus what the 14 day guarantee used to be so in essence its still charging for the 14 day guarantee. Example: I looked at Moorish idols before the site update and they were priced at $123. After the site updated the same exact fish from the same location of the same size is now $197.99.

I was looking forward to the changes that were taking place but I am not liking the implementation and added stipulations.
Although we recognize and acknowledge your concerns, we are giving our customers as much as we can (and as many options as we can) while still doing what we need to do to remain in business. In answer to each of the issues you mentioned below:

Now in order to receive credit to card instead of store credit the item that is doa must cost less than $199. Many places will only give you a store credit for DOAs now regardless of the cost of the livestock.

Pricing on expert only items increased to the amount of fish plus what the 14 day guarantee used to be so in essence its still charging for the 14 day guarantee. Of course, we have to change for the 14-day livestock guarantee, we never claimed that we wouldn't charge for it. We did what customers requested and changed it so that it is now the default price includes the 14-day and the customer can select to get Arrive Alive only for a lower price.

Example: I looked at Moorish idols before the site update and they were priced at $123. After the site updated the same exact fish from the same location of the same size is now $197.99. These fish can be very difficult to get to eat once they are introduced to a new aquarium and unfortunately the mortality rate is higher in the first 14 days (and they are more likely to result in a claim than say a Watchman Goby). Unlike LiveAquaria, who has chosen not to sell Moorish Idols in their general inventory or who has made some items EXPERT ONLY (Arrive Alive only), we raised the price to account for the fact that we will more likely have to cover a claim for these fish.

We hope this helps answer your questions.

Devaji

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I like that you asked for feedback and are doing what you can. I truly think this is your window to succeed. the time is NOW alot of us are frustrated with LA now that they got bought out.
please continue to ask and lesson to your customers base = 100% success!

i look forward to placing an order. NO LFS with in 130+ miles each way so all my fish coral invert I have to get online and the 99 free ship is a blessing for me.

+ I love the option of 14 day warranty. will this be fish by fish or total order.
guesses i'll have to go to your web site and see :D

OP
AquaLocker

AquaLocker

AquaLocker.com
View Badges
Reaction score
I like that you asked for feedback and are doing what you can. I truly think this is your window to succeed. the time is NOW alot of us are frustrated with LA now that they got bought out.
please continue to ask and lesson to your customers base = 100% success!

i look forward to placing an order. NO LFS with in 130+ miles each way so all my fish coral invert I have to get online and the 99 free ship is a blessing for me.

+ I love the option of 14 day warranty. will this be fish by fish or total order.
guesses i'll have to go to your web site and see :D
Yes, the prices all include a 14-day livestock guarantee, which you can deselect at checkout for each individual livestock item. Please note, if you remove the 14-day livestock guarantee, the $99 free shipping coupon is deactivated. The reason for this is that the prices become too low to cover the free shipping.

Thaxxx

View Badges
Reaction score
You state that all claims on 14 day guarentee are not credited in dollars on you account, but in a exact exchange of the fish that died? Did I read that right?

OP
AquaLocker

AquaLocker

AquaLocker.com
View Badges
Reaction score
You state that all claims on 14 day guarentee are not credited in dollars on you account, but in a exact exchange of the fish that died? Did I read that right?
It is dollars (the price you paid for the fish that died), but it is for that specific fish.

Devaji

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
It is dollars (the price you paid for the fish that died), but it is for that specific fish.
question, what happen if say you want to try X fish and it dies 3 tries and you want to change for a different fish?
just trying to fully understand :)

mattzang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
or what if you order that fish and it dies then you're out of stock of that specific fish.. some fish come and go pretty frequently it seems as the seasons change

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Although we recognize and acknowledge your concerns, we are giving our customers as much as we can (and as many options as we can) while still doing what we need to do to remain in business. In answer to each of the issues you mentioned below:

Now in order to receive credit to card instead of store credit the item that is doa must cost less than $199. Many places will only give you a store credit for DOAs now regardless of the cost of the livestock.

Pricing on expert only items increased to the amount of fish plus what the 14 day guarantee used to be so in essence its still charging for the 14 day guarantee. Of course, we have to change for the 14-day livestock guarantee, we never claimed that we wouldn't charge for it. We did what customers requested and changed it so that it is now the default price includes the 14-day and the customer can select to get Arrive Alive only for a lower price.

Example: I looked at Moorish idols before the site update and they were priced at $123. After the site updated the same exact fish from the same location of the same size is now $197.99. These fish can be very difficult to get to eat once they are introduced to a new aquarium and unfortunately the mortality rate is higher in the first 14 days (and they are more likely to result in a claim than say a Watchman Goby). Unlike LiveAquaria, who has chosen not to sell Moorish Idols in their general inventory or who has made some items EXPERT ONLY (Arrive Alive only), we raised the price to account for the fact that we will more likely have to cover a claim for these fish.

We hope this helps answer your questions.
I’ve noticed the last few days that the price on these have come down and I’ve just ordered an idol to arrive on Tuesday! This is my first order and I’ll see how things go. It’s also my first idol. If all is well this will be my preferred place to order expert only fish since you do have the guarantee.

Will you be participating in Secret Santa 2019?

• Yep! Count me in! (Be sure to register in the thread)

Votes: 120 68.6%
  • Not this year

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • I hope to, but I'm not located in the USA (Please be sure to PM Santa Claus about this issue)

Votes: 9 5.1%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
JASON FOX SIGNATURE CORALS