Survival rate of my torch?

jy808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just did a coral rx dip on my torch and found 13 flat worms. what a bloody shock that is.
Torch has not been looking its best and has started to recede a little.
My question is, what are the chances of it getting back to full health and fix that receding line?

I've now placed it in a breeder box to help it recover a little and target feeding it amino acids daily.

tankstudy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you just dipped it, its going to be a bit beat up and not look the best, especially in coral RX. Just put it back in normal water parameters and observe over the next couple days. Try not to move it around too much or tinker around with it. Let it sit and recover.

If your specimen arrived in good or healthy condition, it should recover pretty easily over the next couple days or weeks depending on coral and species. Now if it arrived near death or poor condition, chances of survival are much lower.

OP
OP
J

jy808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you just dipped it, its going to be a bit beat up and not look the best, especially in coral RX. Just put it back in normal water parameters and observe over the next couple days. Try not to move it around too much or tinker around with it. Let it sit and recover.

If your specimen arrived in good or healthy condition, it should recover pretty easily over the next couple days or weeks depending on coral and species. Now if it arrived near death or poor condition, chances of survival are much lower.
It is in a new location in a breeder box, temporarily. Wil be focusing on its recovery for the next 4 weeks!

I've owned this torch for about 5 months and was one of my first corals in the tank. I have seen it at its best flourishing condition. I believe a flatworm might have came into the tank from other corals being added to the tank.

I am starting to think I may have a flatworm infestation and now worried about other hammers I have in the tank.
I have purchased Flatworm Exit by Salifert. Any tips or recommendations with the product?

I had also planned for a 6 line wrasse as my next addition. This had already been decided before I noticed the flatworm, so may be a good thing.

tankstudy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is in a new location in a breeder box, temporarily. Wil be focusing on its recovery for the next 4 weeks!

I've owned this torch for about 5 months and was one of my first corals in the tank. I have seen it at its best flourishing condition. I believe a flatworm might have came into the tank from other corals being added to the tank.

I am starting to think I may have a flatworm infestation and now worried about other hammers I have in the tank.
I have purchased Flatworm Exit by Salifert. Any tips or recommendations with the product?

I had also planned for a 6 line wrasse as my next addition. This had already been decided before I noticed the flatworm, so may be a good thing.

From my own tinkering, certain snails will not survive the dosing of salifert's flatworm exit. If you have a large population of flatworms, that can and usually will nuke your tank. Have a lot of carbon and water ready to do a large water change on hand in case things go south fast.

Generally, I prefer to use Dr. G's now over saliferts flat worm exit. The only time I use saliferts is if I'm out of Dr. G's coral dip which is milbemycin oxyime mixed with RO/DI water and vitamin C.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.5%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 33 16.5%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 36 18.0%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 99 49.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back